Season Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
For those that may have noticed, the Flint thread is currently over 1000 posts. Normally, we start a new thread at 1000 posts to keep threads within reason. This rule was temporarily changed after the site change but it is back in effect.

I am letting the thread go because we will be switching to season threads soon, likely later this week, as teams began training camp and pre-season soon. Any other off-season threads that go over 1000 this week will be allowed to do so, instead of me having to make multiple threads.

If you would like to start a prospect/roster tracker for your team, you may do so. Make a prospect/roster tracking post in your team's new season thread. Then, send me the link of the post. I will put that link in the first post of the thread and sticky it to the top of the page so that relevant information is always easily accessible (like the Otters thread right now, for example).

Thank you to everyone for continuing to be reasonable and abiding by the rules. I won't speak for nelli, but I generally like to let posters here be as free as possible with their posting, unless they are seriously violating rules and derailing threads with trolling/flaming/etc. I'm looking forward to another fun season of OHL hockey here and lots of meaningful discussion on this board and I hope you all are as well.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
For those that may have noticed, the Flint thread is currently over 1000 posts. Normally, we start a new thread at 1000 posts to keep threads within reason. This rule was temporarily changed after the site change but it is back in effect.

I am letting the thread go because we will be switching to season threads soon, likely later this week, as teams began training camp and pre-season soon. Any other off-season threads that go over 1000 this week will be allowed to do so, instead of me having to make multiple threads.

If you would like to start a prospect/roster tracker for your team, you may do so. Make a prospect/roster tracking post in your team's new season thread. Then, send me the link of the post. I will put that link in the first post of the thread and sticky it to the top of the page so that relevant information is always easily accessible (like the Otters thread right now, for example).

Thank you to everyone for continuing to be reasonable and abiding by the rules. I won't speak for nelli, but I generally like to let posters here be as free as possible with their posting, unless they are seriously violating rules and derailing threads with trolling/flaming/etc. I'm looking forward to another fun season of OHL hockey here and lots of meaningful discussion on this board and I hope you all are as well.

This makes sense I never really understood the reasoning why the threads would have multiple parts I understand the 1,000 post cap but for a poster on this forum for the past number of years ever since joining HFB 1,000 message limit is a bit of a ridiculous thing because the OHL season is so long multiple thread pages were more frustrating then helpful having a single thread page per-team per-season makes a lot more sense and useful method.

Reactions: TheGremlin

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This makes sense I never really understood the reasoning why the threads would have multiple parts I understand the 1,000 post cap but for a poster on this forum for the past number of years ever since joining HFB 1,000 message limit is a bit of a ridiculous thing because the OHL season is so long multiple thread pages were more frustrating then helpful having a single thread page per-team per-season makes a lot more sense and useful method.

Sorry if my wording was confusing.

During the season, the 1000 page limit will still be in effect. I don't agree with it but it is hfboards' policy. I'm saying the Flint offseason thread (and any other thread that runs over 1000 posts in the next few days) won't be closed since I will be starting fresh threads soon and I would rather not have to open another off-season thread just for it to be replaced by a season thread.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Sorry if my wording was confusing.

During the season, the 1000 page limit will still be in effect. I don't agree with it but it is hfboards' policy. I'm saying the Flint offseason thread (and any other thread that runs over 1000 posts in the next few days) won't be closed since I will be starting fresh threads soon and I would rather not have to open another off-season thread just for it to be replaced by a season thread.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad