Season player recap (my optimist post)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The Norris is not a career trophy, like the Heisman. (Or, at least, it shouldn't be, in either case.)

Doughty is about the only d-man I see that you could justify saying, "the Kings would not be in the playoffs if he wasn't there." The Hawks would have been without Keith, and obviously the Preds and Sens didn't make the playoffs, even with Webs and Karlsson.

Take Quick away for the entire season with Hutton as the starter, does Doughty still get them into the playoffs? Oh yeah, need to get rid of Kopitar and a couple of other forwards as well to balance the playing field. :laugh:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
My grades: Based on Expectations, Delivery, And Consistency

Goalies

Pekka Rinne (C) -Off most of the year. Expect him to come back nexxt year and be himself. very average play when healthy
Carter Hutton (C+) -mentally couldn't handle the starting role, but had a strong finish as back up

Defenseman

Shea Weber (B+) - If he had played the first half like he did the second half, it would be an A+

Roman Josi (A) - I think he stepped up and was the player we hoped and expected he could be

Seth Jones (B) - For a rookie, exceeded my expectations. I think the length of the schedule got to him.

Ryan Ellis (A) - He exceeded my expectations , was consistent and got better and better. I think he's coming into his own

Mattias Ekholm (B) - Stepped up, was better than we thought for a rookie.

Victor Bartley (B) - Kind of rocky, but I think he delivered more than expected. Inconsistent, some games solid.

Michael Del Zotto (Incomplete) - I like the upside, but don't know what happened at the end.

Forwards

Patric Hornqvist (B) - He's one of the few that never quit all year long. But man, what a dry spell

Mike Fisher (B) - pretty much played as expected.

Craig Smith (B+) - I think with the right teammates, he'll be an A next year. Made big strides this year. Became more what we thought he would be.

Eric Nystrom (B) - I think he delivered what we expected.

Matt Cullen (C) - meh, underperformed

Nick Spaling (C+)- I think he played his role well.... Maybe desires a B on my scale

Paul Gaustad (C+) -too inconsistent in deliivering veteran play

Rich Clune (B) - Exactly as expected.

Colin Wilson (C+) - in contrast to Smith, just didn't perform to his abilities

Gabriel Bourque (C) -not a good year.

Viktor Stalberg (D) - where was he?

Calle Jarnkrok--- A can't wait to see him for a whole season
Special Teams

Powerplay (B) - meh
Penalty Kill (D) - what a disappointment

Shootout (F) - between the shooters and the goalie, ugh.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
well, of course not... the Preds are still not big enough to compete in the West... that's a given.

Which is why I think using the argument that Weber didn't get his team to the playoffs is bad logic, or that Doughty's team did so he is better. Heck there is really no way to prove that LA wouldn't be there without him, especially if you start going down the " who would they have went and got to fill that slot" mess.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Which is why I think using the argument that Weber didn't get his team to the playoffs is bad logic, or that Doughty's team did so he is better. Heck there is really no way to prove that LA wouldn't be there without him, especially if you start going down the " who would they have went and got to fill that slot" mess.

for the record, you will NEVER find a thread or a post where *I* said anything about Weber not getting his team to the playoffs. That's not even CLOSE to my logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad