Confirmed with Link: Season paused to Dec 28th now

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We have now reached tge absurd position where the policies of caution do not match the threat presented by the current virus mutation.....csses wildly going up but hospitalization and death now extremely low..

Tge threat to hospitals is now more from staff shortages due to "positive csses" detected ratger than the consequences from those csses....unless the staff themselves were never fully vaccinated
. In which case you get a real absurdity.

Looking at the latest data from Ottawa where I live,we have now 5,164 active cases ...but only 20 in hospital and only 1 in ICU from Covid...pretty good under even normal wi ter respiratory or flucriwding in hospitals.

So why this panic over what amounts to about a mild cold consequence from this current mutation calked Omicron?

The NHL has policy treating all variations of This Sars Cov virus as the same dire threat...they are not the same.

The 1st wVe took out a lot of elderly because at that stage tgey were most vulnerable...nobody had any vaccinations and tgere was no boosting protection for anyone.

The Delta mutation turned out more severe than the first wave in termsbof both transmisdion and consequence for those getting it...but a large chunk of tge mist elderly had already died from the first wave so the viris started affecting a bit younger group more....And now with Omicron we see the threT is to a much younger group ...either because tgeycare less vaccinated or because I the children they are not yet fully vaccibated or if under 5 cannot be vaccibated.

Yet they still have natural immunity defenses and if tgevirus seems to be only cold-like in consequences tge actual threat may not be that great in terms of hospitalization and death...

And so you have tge 1 size fits alk policy costing economic and fear /psych consequences to a greater effect than tge actual medical emergency .

Ut us tome we started to live with the virus and do much better at treatment than worry about "cases" of what is Now basically like get a cold whoch oases quickly.

The media and public health authorities and the sports leagues following their policies to insane levels of caution are NOT following the data ...Omocron us Not swelling hospitals or causing mich deathvatcall..

Yet tgey are canceling games because they think it will slow transmisdion of basically a cold?

Omocron is not like aphasia or delta...They need to live with it...You will get it if you have not already gotten it...and you will suffer a mild cold ...Maybe there are a few worse co sequences for a tiny tiny fraction...but it will not overcrowd hospitals and ICU s ...

Follow the data. LOW sEVRITY.. so why are they canceling games for basically a threat similar to a cold?

Dumb.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
computer-throw.gif

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
Asked my doctor when we could expect to be free from Covid. He said "I don't know, ask a politician"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad