Pre-Game Talk: Season Opener Events and Things to Do

Mike The Knight

Oct 30, 2018
I am coming from Washington State and bringing my 6 year old boy back for his second game (last year was 12/4/18 vs. Caps), we are coming to opening night on 10/2/19. We arrive on 10/1. Last year we did the game day morning skate, the pre-game parade, Knight time and everything was beyond our expectations, flat out awesome. We are planning on attending the morning skate at City National Arena on 10/2/19 again and the pregame parade from NYNY to T-Mobile again assuming nothing has changed from last year. If there is anything else new, anything changed (morning skate, parade?), any opening day events that we should attend, could you please let me know? My son and I don't miss a game on TV all season and don't want to miss a VGK opportunity while we're in Vegas because we didn't know about it. Any activities, meet and greets, etc. that are going on would be helpful to know about. I know its early but I'm flat out jacked for the season!

Mike The Knight

Oct 30, 2018
Seeing the pregame events, can someone with Gold Carpet experience and Game Day Skate experience please let me know what time to show up to get a standing spot against the fence (for a kid) and against the glass at practice?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Practice closed 10/1.

Game day skate 10/2.

Generally folks go and sit in the stands until the end of practice, then rush over for autographs. (There are no autographs available when players leave the arena, outside. Only inside.)

There is an area on the east side of the rink that KIDS (only) can go (with parental oversight) that the players MAY stop (on game days) to sign stuff.

There were rules announced first season. But not seeing any links at arena site.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Seeing the pregame events, can someone with Gold Carpet experience and Game Day Skate experience please let me know what time to show up to get a standing spot against the fence (for a kid) and against the glass at practice?
Gold carpet, I would show up by 3, an hour ahead.

Mike The Knight

Oct 30, 2018
Thank you both. Have you heard anything on the pregame parade from NYNY to T-Mobile? Last year I remember that being about an hour before puck drop.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I hate that they pimp players through this gold carpet thing and then expect them to be game focused.

Worked superbly last opening game.

Oh, and odd, we didn't see Wild Bill last year. He must have been like the first guy, just before we arrived.

Because this post looks hypocritical, I'll explain that I liked the idea last year, until I saw them play on the ice afterward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad