Season countdown by Jersey #

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
We did this last season, I thought it was cool....granted I think it was started way earlier.

Billy%2BSmith%2BPicture.JPG

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
love smitty...i took 31 as my number as a kid...even got a pinup tattoo on my leg of a chick holding a hockey stick..."jersey" number is 31. Cannot WAIT for 10-11...im missing my nephews 6th bday party for the last opener at NVMC haha

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
love smitty...i took 31 as my number as a kid...even got a pinup tattoo on my leg of a chick holding a hockey stick..."jersey" number is 31. Cannot WAIT for 10-11...im missing my nephews 6th bday party for the last opener at NVMC haha

That tat sounds pretty sweet...if you don't mind, you think you could post a pic?

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
We did this last season, I thought it was cool....granted I think it was started way earlier.

Billy%2BSmith%2BPicture.JPG

My best memories of Billy Smith was his backing stopping us to four consecutive Stanley Cups.

My favorite memories of Billy Smith was his running the defenseman [myself included] for my PAL rec-league team in 1988-89. I learned more in those six months than I did the rest of my hockey playing career. Bar none, the best coach I ever had! He offered to by me two sticks if his son Cory broke one of mine because he had to borrow it.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Love this idea, but...

First game of the season is on Oct 8, today is Sept 11, so counting today, there are 27 days until the season opener.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I see, the season doesn't start until the Islanders play. Love it. :yo:

Yeah sorry I meant until the ISLES season starts, should have clarified but I figured that was kinda implied...
And yeah I guess I accidentally did the math to the Home opener, not season opener...oops

Since someone already said KJ, I'll put someone else

Brock+Nelson+Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+York+j-8opeOraMcl.jpg

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I see, the season doesn't start until the Islanders play. Love it. :yo:

Well, what other team matters? ;) This is an Islanders forum and the OP is posting Islanders pictures so I think it can be assumed we're talking about Islanders Opening Night for the purposes of this thread.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Yeah sorry I meant until the ISLES season starts, should have clarified but I figured that was kinda implied...
And yeah I guess I accidentally did the math to the Home opener, not season opener...oops

Since someone already said KJ, I'll put someone else

Brock+Nelson+Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+York+j-8opeOraMcl.jpg

May he one day become the player we all associate #29 with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad