Confirmed with Link: Sean Walker & 5th round pick ('26) traded to Colorado for 1st round pick ('25 - top 10 protected) & Ryan Johansen - Johansen assigned to Lehigh Valley

How Do You Grade The Trade?

• Total voters

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I have doubts. Talent is always in demand. Cutting the Flyers out probably doesn't impact any clients unless those clients are washed up yet full of theoretical culture
I am not just talking about the Flyers. You don’t think a agent can tell his client to steer clear of a certain franchise because he doesn’t like the way they conduct business or a certain team may have screwed over a former client so he is going to hold a grudge. I think it happens. Way too many egos everywhere in hockey

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am not just talking about the Flyers. You don’t think a agent can tell his client to steer clear of a certain franchise because he doesn’t like the way they conduct business or a certain team may have screwed over a former client so he is going to hold a grudge. I think it happens. Way too many egos everywhere in hockey
An agent can tell their clients anything they like, but it's up to the client to tell the agent if he's willing to pursue the matter further or not. A good agent will be forthright with their clients and explain why they're providing the advice they are, and if they don't, the client probably should find a new agent.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
An agent can tell their clients anything they like, but it's up to the client to tell the agent if he's willing to pursue the matter further or not. A good agent will be forthright with their clients and explain why they're providing the advice they are, and if they don't, the client probably should find a new agent.
Like coaches and GMs how many good agents are out there

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
In the end the RyJo thing will get worked out. The AV’s want him gone; they want the cap relief and they want Walker. Briere has some leverage here to keep the deal and the pick. We’ll have to wait and see how DB plays out this thing.

Reactions: Curufinwe

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
Not saying the Flyers would want to negate the trade. Heck they may prefer injured Ry-Jo over healthy minor league Ry-Jo. But do they have the option of nerfing the trade?

Kyle McLaren for a 6th Rounder trade negated after failing a physical in 2009.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Johansen is on the Flyers roster while be rehabs a hip injury that didn't stop him from playing 63/63 games for the Avs

I think this is actually costing him money because players on NHL contracts don't have to pay escrow on their salary when they are in the AHL

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
This is nightmare fuel lol

Maximum disruption. I'm all for it.

Move the draft eligible age up to 20 or 21. Leave the teenagers out of this, and move it to an age where they are much more likely to be emotionally and physically mature and ready to play in the league.

And split the league into an A tier and B tier. Relegation at the end of each season.

Embrace the chaos.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Maximum disruption. I'm all for it.

Move the draft eligible age up to 20 or 21. Leave the teenagers out of this, and move it to an age where they are much more likely to be emotionally and physically mature and ready to play in the league.

And split the league into an A tier and B tier. Relegation at the end of each season.

Embrace the chaos.
Does my childhood mean NOTHING to you people??!!!?!?! Not to mention my geographic proximity to Toronto??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad