Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st rd pick + conditional '27 3rd rd pick

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I think Chevy will do everything he can to keep Monahan. Our 2C has been an issue since literally 2018. Tried to keep Stastny, but he went to Vegas (I know he came back later but he wasn’t as good as he was in 2018 by then). Hayes as a rental performed sub-par. The Little injury.

Now we have someone who fits in well finally. I don’t think Chevy will want to let that go this time around. He would rather use those 1st round picks at the deadline for something else than the annual (or every other year) 2C rental hahaha.

Yeah I think there’s a solution where we can keep Monahan, DeMelo, and Dillon - but that solution involves moving some of those over-priced names that your mentioned, which won’t be “free” to offload lol. Should be an interesting offseason anyways.

The unintended (probably) benefit of Perfetti’s lackluster second half is that he is probably coming in on a very affordable two year bridge. Fits the Scheifele, Helle window nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad