Sean Monahan 10-game point game streak

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
:laugh: his line has probably been one of the best this month in Versteeg and Brouwer

Yep, they've been consistently dangerous. Monahan seems to have gotten faster.

Calgary has never had this effective of a 4 line attack. Not for 10+ years anyway.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I have to shake my head at everyone thinking that Monahan was some sort of a product of Gaudreau. From the all-star game and on last season, Monahan out-produced Gaudreau in points. Tough start with the back injury, new systems without the benefit of camp, the Flames as a whole not doing well - but Monahan is so underrated.

Look at his level of production since entering the league. It is really impressive. He is getting better defensively and on FOs as well, gets a bit faster and bigger every year, and is such a smart player. Gaudreau is great - and he is really, really flashy - but Monahan is so damn good on his own. I can't remember seeing another young player enter this league and be continually so underrated.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Second straight season it's taken 30+ games to get going. Maybe his back troubles took longer to get over? Who knows?

He's an elite finisher but it still remains to be seen if he has what it takes to be a bonafide 1C and not a pseudo-1C played there out of neccessity. Atm we're spreading the talent around on our lines and it's working but I hope to see either him or Bennett develop into an elite all around center in the following years

yourbestfriend

May 28, 2010
Probably the least exciting 60point player in the league. He never really does anything that stands out or gets people outta their seats, yet somehow he always finds a way to produce, regardless of who he plays with.

I'm still waiting for Bennett to turn into a 1C =/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Oh look at this hot take :laugh:

The guy plays with Brouwer and Versteeg/Ferland. Only with Gaudreau on the PP.

Yea, and since Gaudreau's return, Monahan has 2 ES points and 7 PP points in 7 games. He hasn't scored at even strength in 5 games, so the back half of his streak has been completely driven by power play scoring. That's not a bad thing - far from it. But nearly all those PP points were a direct result of a great play by Gaudreau. Even one of his ES points was with Gaudreau, as they have played a bit together at times.

It's great that he's playing so much better, seems like he's much more comfortable playing at a slightly slower pace as I predicted. He's skating so so much better.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Probably the least exciting 60point player in the league. He never really does anything that stands out or gets people outta their seats, yet somehow he always finds a way to produce, regardless of who he plays with.

I'm still waiting for Bennett to turn into a 1C =/

I tend to think of him as a stronger version of Daymond Langkow.

Lanks made his career 10 feet from the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad