Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Best trade ever. Lock him the hell up.

He's locked up for two years after this year so I think we're good on contract, but hes a gamer.

I still think his greatest value is as 4C. He could probably play 3C for an extended period and not look totally out of place, but I think hes the next Soupy.

Reactions: sarge88

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Crazy how he looks like he could play on a second line when he’s with the fourth line. But when he’s moved up a line he plays like a scrub. Either way, love his game right now. He’s just all over the place and the intensity is second to none on the team

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I agree with @BruinDust Lonnie, Kuraly had a brutal stretch early on where he needed to either sit or heal up from whatever was bothering him. Pretty much since the Winter Classic, he's been awesome

That had a lot more to do w usage. He just isn't a 3C and he struggled there. He is most effective at 4rw and ok and there is nothing wrong g with that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That had a lot more to do w usage. He just isn't a 3C and he struggled there. He is most effective at 4rw and ok and there is nothing wrong g with that.

It's has to do with usage, but I don't think he's a center at all, and that's part of the reason he struggled. I don't think it's a coincidence that his performance went up when he got put with Acciari and Wagner and Acciari became the center on that line. Without the defensive responsibilities of playing center and in the middle of the ice, it put him both closer to the boards more often, and allowed him to use his strengths more, his skating, his size, his work ethic and relentless fore-checking ability.

Ideally he's a 4th line winger. However, as a complimentary winger on the 3rd line with the right two line-mates who are better players than him, I think he'd be effective there as well. Put him on a big possession line with say Coyle in the middle and the proper RW on the other side (one with some finishing ability) and I think he'd be effective there.

For example I can see at some point a Kuraly - Coyle - Senyshyn line not to far down the road.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Just want to chime in here and give this kid the credit he deserves. Not only has he improved his skating, but he added these moves where he's driving defenders to a spot then taking a hard stop and going back the other way and then back again as needed. That takes incredible strength and stamina to do that stuff.

I've also noticed that since Coyle's been with the team, Kuraly has been really tougher to take the puck away from along the wall. Charlie must have given him some of his tips. Then as we all know he scores these clutch goals here and there to boot

aguineapig

Look out here he comes, he's a coming; look out there he goes, he's gone
Screaming straight thru Raleigh, like a mad dog cyclone

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agreed... but Nordy needs some big time love for pretty much channeling his inner Kuraly the last few weeks. Both these guys have been puck hounds and killing other teams with their speed/energy.
he sure does, he has elevated his game in the post season

You know I watch Kuraly get the puck and start his cycle and while he isn`t graceful, he`s sure fun to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad