Prospect Info: Sean Keohane, LD, Dexter (USHS), Tri-City (USHL) Harvard commit - 173 OA, 2023

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
EP Quotes:

At first glance, Sean Keohane’s numbers at the USHS Prep level look underwhelming. Averaging 0.5 points per game, even as a defender, doesn’t inspire much confidence. The reality is Keohane is much more than these numbers suggest.

Part of a low-scoring Dexter Southfield School roster, Keohane represents upside in its purest form. At 6-foot-4, the Milton-born defender towers over his competition. What makes Keohane particularly interesting is how he blends his skating with his frame. A capable mover who quickly gets in motion on the rush, Keohane also flashes nuanced defensive skating, allowing him to push an absurd amount of aggression defending the rush.

“Fluid in the backwards crossover, Keohane actively blends his plus mobility to be aggressive while defending the rush,” Crossover scout Daniel Gee wrote in a December game report. “Most of his stops are off of aggressive neutral zone pushes on perimeter puck carriers. Where the mobility [really] flashed was when Keohane combated rush-pattern adjustments. In the first, as a man cut across the defensive zone, Keohane was able to push laterally, guiding the threat to the outside with his stick.”

When he’s at his best, the American defender is leveraging his mobility to defend the dotted lines, using his long reach to probe and knock pucks to the perimeter and disrupt releases. He’s physical, jumping off the net front to punish attackers on the end boards and tries to clog lanes with anticipation-based reads, pushing nastiness after the whistle.

At his worst, Keohane is abandoning his check to sprint at a downhill shooter on the off chance he is able to disrupt their possessions before they release. A dull puck-mover, Keohane had issues in our viewings with finding the best options in transition. He lacks a manipulation element, both on retrievals and while he works north-to-south, which hurts his projectability as a puck mover. Even when Keohane exits with control, he’s only really good for one large-ice manoeuvre before his hands lag behind his skating. When they don’t he dumps every puck deep

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

I mean we just need bodies for the meat grinder on the third pair.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seriously - perfect pick in the sixth round. Draft for potential at this level and you can hit. Look at Rousek, Kozak, Olofsson, Levi, Richard...

And he's a long way off. Stashing guys is a real thing too, though I'm sure we should post the "leave the complaints about if he signs" in the OP so we don't have 50 pages of non-player talk and 10 pages of player talk like the Johnson thread was.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
And he's a long way off. Stashing guys is a real thing too, though I'm sure we should post the "leave the complaints about if he signs" in the OP so we don't have 50 pages of non-player talk and 10 pages of player talk like the Johnson thread was.

I'd make it an instaban until two months before he has to decide.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Gives me Brendan Gulhe vibes. Fast,big,raw hoping Keohane can put decision making under the pluses also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad