Sean Burke moving on from Coyotes

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks, Sean, and good luck.

So we're in the market for a new goaltending coach. Maybe one that can fix Smith?

Feb 12, 2003
It's sad for us to see Burke move on but I hope the best for him. I'll be curious to see where he ends up, and something tells me we may see him reunite with Treliving in Calgary.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Well, this has been in the making for a while. I don't like it, but I guess I understand Sean's desire to move on and further his off ice career. Many thanks for the excellent work during your time in the desert and best of luck going forward.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
It's sad for us to see Burke move on but I hope the best for him. I'll be curious to see where he ends up, and something tells me we may see him reunite with Treliving in Calgary.

Good call - either cowtown or a job with some additional capacity in TO.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do we know if his contract was up, or if he was just allowed to pursue other opportunities? I believe the Coyotes get a pick if he takes an AGM job.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who cares? Really. It's not like Mike Smith has been lights out under Burke's tutelage.

He's generally acknowledged as one of the best goalie coaches in the league, so I care. Smith's problems are of his own doing. Between the ears. And, uhh, he got Smith that contract.

SHIVERmeTIMBERS

Oct 1, 2014
He's generally acknowledged as one of the best goalie coaches in the league, so I care. Smith's problems are of his own doing. Between the ears. And, uhh, he got Smith that contract.

I agree with you on this. I guess some of Burke's comments while Smith was struggling last season rubbed me the wrong way. He came off as very ho-hum about it. Maybe that's just his style with the media...

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I agree with you on this. I guess some of Burke's comments while Smith was struggling last season rubbed me the wrong way. He came off as very ho-hum about it. Maybe that's just his style with the media...
Dubnyk also gave credit to Burke for his turnaround.

Burkie helped make some pretty average goalies a LOT of money!

Will miss you Sean!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They need a replacement signed before the development camp, right? Guest coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad