News Article: Sean Burke Interviewed for Arizona GM

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Torn about that. He's part of pro scouting which has been meh for a while. On the other hand, he's on the west (with Reid Simpson) so he probably had a hand in Chiarot, Domi, Kulak, Tatar and Armia while excused from Alzner. He's also on goaltenders though , so maybe some blame for Kinkaid. The ones I would like to see some answers from are Crawford and Maclean.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some posters wont like it but for a GM that talks so much about character and then hires a guy with rumored multi abuse allegations just doesn't sit well with me. I never like to talk about players or staff's personal life but I really really hate to hear about that wife beater shit. Anyone that beats up on someone weaker then them is a f***ing coward to me.

Even if he's great at his job I won't miss him and would be glad to see him gone.

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
Some posters wont like it but for a GM that talks so much about character and then hires a guy with rumored multi abuse allegations just doesn't sit well with me. I never like to talk about players or staff's personal life but I really really hate to hear about that wife beater shit. Anyone that beats up on someone weaker then them is a f***ing coward to me.

Even if he's great at his job I won't miss him and would be glad to see him gone.

Good luck to Burke!

I recall hearing about that incident from Sean's days in Carolina. Long time ago. Hopefully he learned a lesson.

One thing I learned in life. Try not to judge domestic situations when you're not there. More grey area than you think.

Situation may have included infidelity or stealing of family funds. People react differently when such delicate/sensitive cases are suddenly unearthed. Never play with someone's emotions.

Tiger Woods found that out when his ex-wife, Elin, snapped. You play ... you pay.

Then, of course, we have the stereotypical violent household drunk. A separate (and concerning) matter on its own.

Reactions: beh3moth

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Torn about that. He's part of pro scouting which has been meh for a while. On the other hand, he's on the west (with Reid Simpson) so he probably had a hand in Chiarot, Domi, Kulak, Tatar and Armia while excused from Alzner. He's also on goaltenders though , so maybe some blame for Kinkaid. The ones I would like to see some answers from are Crawford and Maclean.
Meh? Pro scouting has been the bright spot under MB, it’s amateur scouting that’s been meh or rather horrendous.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Meh? Pro scouting has been the bright spot under MB, it’s amateur scouting that’s been meh or rather horrendous.

They have made some changes in that department the last few years. And at this moment, that department seems to be doing a better job.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One thing I learned in life. Try not to judge domestic situations when you're not there. More grey area than you think.

A hockey forum is the last place a guy is going to get a fair treatment. When you have to use words like "rumored" and "alleged" to qualify someone's behavior, it leaves a lot open to interpretation. Now, if the guy were prosecuted and found guilty by a court of law, that would be a whole other matter.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A hockey forum is the last place a guy is going to get a fair treatment. When you have to use words like "rumored" and "alleged" to qualify someone's behavior, it leaves a lot open to interpretation. Now, if the guy were prosecuted and found guilty by a court of law, that would be a whole other matter.

he was charged. The alleged part was about previous. He's a piece of shit in my book, same for anyone that defends him or anyone that does this. To me it's simple, never hit a woman.

Dispatcher call says Burke beat wife before

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
he was charged. The alleged part was about previous. He's a piece of shit in my book, same for anyone that defends him or anyone that does this. To me it's simple, never hit a woman.

Dispatcher call says Burke beat wife before

He wasn't found guilty is the bottom line. I don't know anyone who approves of the idea that it's OK to hit a woman, child or other human being, goes without saying.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Bergevin talking about character is like a tyrant talking about freedom.

Burke, Therrien, Sly... such character. On top of all the nepotism and cronyism that has mired the club over the years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin talking about character is like a tyrant talking about freedom.

Burke, Therrien, Sly... such character. On top of all the nepotism and cronyism that has mired the club over the years.

JJD, childhood friend. Bouillon fast-tracked. Bergevin and Therrien vacationing together. Carrière's incompetent son. List goes on. But hey, the standard cop-out excuse is how everyone does it in hockey. I guess merit and competence only go so far.

Back to this thread subject, what do you think of Pee Air's chances of nabbing the GM job? Forever the bridesmaid.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
JJD, childhood friend. Bouillon fast-tracked. Bergevin and Therrien vacationing together. Carrière's incompetent son. List goes on. But hey, the standard cop-out excuse is how everyone does it in hockey. I guess merit and competence only go so far.

Back to this thread subject, what do you think of Pee Air's chances of nabbing the GM job? Always the bridesmaid.

I wish he actually gets the job, just for the giggles.

Reactions: Fenris and Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

So what about St.Patrick who many seem to want as GM?

BTW, former 93 Cup winning Habs Rob Ramage is also in the org, he of DUI charges after death of former Hawks Keith Magnusson in a car crash.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if he'll use or even overuse the word "monster" in his PCs and interviews:laugh:

One thing is certain, Pee Air will have a chart of all the parishes players belonged to in their youth plus their alma maters stuck on the wall of his office, on Day 1 of the job. :laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So what about St.Patrick who many seem to want as GM?

BTW, former 93 Cup winning Habs Rob Ramage is also in the org, he of DUI charges after death of former Hawks Keith Magnusson in a car crash.

Bergevin's brand of character seems only to revolve around the winning attitude, so Roy would doubly fit in!

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
What? You mean the same pro scouting that signed off on the acquisitions of Schlemko, Kincaid, King, Parenteau, Martinson, Ott Drewiske, ,Flynn, Semin...i could go on and on. Or the same pro scouting that finally helped solve our center ice problem with Drouin? They’ve been complete and utter garbage...along with our amateur scouts which I am not buying that they have changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad