Seahawk Fan & Native New Yorker is Thrilled...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Hello Seattleites...

Today I am very happy. Ever since 1983 when I saw Steve Largent and the Seahawks play the Dolphins at the Orange Bowl in the playoffs they've been my favorite NFL team. Back in the days of old satellite dishes I would sneak into bars when they were 21+ to watch the games. Even when the team was going nowhere under Flores and Erickson I cheered like a madman. On December 6, 1995 when it was announced that Ken Behring was going to move the team to LA, I was hurt even though I had never been to Seattle at that point. I was truly in love with a city I never knew.

For years, Seattle was like a long term pen-pal I adored, but never met.

I did finally make it out there on Halloween 2004 to finally watch my boys beat the Carolina Panthers. And since they I have returned for two NFL Championships - The blowout vs Carolina and the Sherman tip vs the 49ers. Each time the experience topped the previous and each time I felt like I had come "home."

Needless to say...I love Seattle. Everything about it and I always hoped it would get an NHL team. So today's news makes me so very happy. I am an Islanders fan (grew up about 15 minutes from them on Long Island), but immediately Seattle becomes my 2nd favorite team. I cannot wait to watch this franchise rise up from nothing and the city embrace them with such passion as they do the Seahawks (and all other teams in the city). The NHL playoffs in Seattle will be insane and I will be unabashedly be one of the insane ones rooting for them from afar...

...Just as long as they don't play the Islanders.

Congrats to every single Seattleite who has been waiting on this day and all future hockey fans who don't even know how f'n great the sport is yet.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think This team is going to be to the PNW, what the Pats are to New England. It's not just a seattle.team. People in Oregon and Idaho are just as excited as folks from Washingron. I'm excited for one and can't wait!

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Hello Seattleites...

Today I am very happy. Ever since 1983 when I saw Steve Largent and the Seahawks play the Dolphins at the Orange Bowl in the playoffs they've been my favorite NFL team. Back in the days of old satellite dishes I would sneak into bars when they were 21+ to watch the games. Even when the team was going nowhere under Flores and Erickson I cheered like a madman. On December 6, 1995 when it was announced that Ken Behring was going to move the team to LA, I was hurt even though I had never been to Seattle at that point. I was truly in love with a city I never knew.

I did finally make it out there on Halloween 2004 to finally watch my boys beat the Carolina Panthers. And since they I have returned for two NFL Championships - The blowout vs Carolina and the Sherman tip vs the 49ers. Each time the experience topped the previous and each time I felt like I had come "home."

Needless to say...I love Seattle. Everything about it and I always hoped it would get an NHL team. So today's news makes me so very happy. I am an Islanders fan (grew up about 15 minutes from them on Long Island), but immediately Seattle becomes my 2nd favorite team. I cannot wait to watch this franchise rise up from nothing and the city embrace them with such passion as they do the Seahawks (and all other teams in the city). The NHL playoffs in Seattle will be insane and I will be unabashedly be one of the insane ones rooting for them from afar...

Congrats to every single Seattleite who has been waiting on this day and all future hockey fans who don't even know how f'n great the sport is yet.

As long as the Seattle team doesn't name Garth Snow as GM and then Cappy is hired to live in his basement they will be ok.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Hello Seattleites...

Thanks for the great post. This city is pumped for NHL hockey! I’m going to brush up on my hockey knowledge especially the NHL and the players, got a couple years to get my stuff together! :)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Thanks for the great post. This city is pumped for NHL hockey! I’m going to brush up on my hockey knowledge especially the NHL and the players, got a couple years to get my stuff together! :)

I'm telling you...

You MUST see the game LIVE. On TV is good, but live is another level.

And somehow NHL Playoff hockey is another level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad