Value of: Seabrook to Vancouver (zero retention on Chicago’s end) IF......

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
No way. The Hawks are stuck with that contract and it looks good on them.

Damn straight.

And as much as I hate Erikisson and Gagner, I'd rather keep them. Loui isn't totally useless and and can be the overpaid guy on our 3rd or 4th line until he's gone. Sam can sit or play in the AHL until his contract is gone in two years. It's not like either of them is getting in the way of any Canuck success in the foreseeable future, anyway.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Ya I’ve thought about this, but it just isn’t worth it. We can buy Eriksson out this summer or next to essentially knock 2.5mil off of his final year in cap savings, his contract isn’t really going to effect our rebuild. Those two extra years though would hurt...

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Seabrook, 2018 first, 2019 3rd, 2019 5th and conditional pick for gudbranson. Could handcuff us with Brock and Petterson contracts though. Like it as a mentor to younger players

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Unlike some, I actually would take Seabrook's contract. Except I'd want a top tier prospect or your first, which I doubt Chicago considers. There is little benefit for the Canucks to dump salary right now. We're not remotely close to contending for anything beyond a lottery pick. So futures or nothing.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Ya I’ve thought about this, but it just isn’t worth it. We can buy Eriksson out this summer or next to essentially knock 2.5mil off of his final year in cap savings, his contract isn’t really going to effect our rebuild. Those two extra years though would hurt...
You can't buy out Eriksson.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Don't worry, we're not jumping at this deal either. Two worthless players for one worthless player. Puts us in a worse spot cap-wise and performance-wise for the most realistic years left on our core. But great, four years from now when Keith is 38, Toews is 34, Kane is 33, we'll be in better shape. :nod: (Well, I guess in 2 years we'll be in better shape, but I don't think 3 years from now is realistically a competitive year. That's probably when we start to rebuild)

So yeah, let's get worse for the next two years. :laugh: Not that I think this deal makes much sense for the Nucks either. If the contracts become a problem, just pay to jettison them. Same as the Hawk's will do if a compliance buy-out doesn't become available during the next CBA. Seabrook + For Eriksson makes more sense. Or Seabrook +++ to a cap floor team makes more sense. Seabrook for bad contracts, while is more attainable, makes no sense from a hockey standpoint. We need to win in the next two years.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
If I am the Canucks I am asking for the 2018 1st (8th) and Jokiharju to start talks of no retention on Seabrook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad