News Article: SEA officially open for biz as of yesterday

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Why are we still looking to bank picks? We already have banked assets to move. So what happens when we make all those picks, oh look, banked assets, lets trade the emerging NHL players like say, Chytil, to bank more picks. So were always in a building mode with inexperienced players and never have an experienced young core to compete. It's getting close to time to move some assets and take the next step. It doesn't have to be Eichel.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It’s nice on paper. But the real world implications differ slightly. Everyone marvels about how good Fox is and how amazing it is that he’s doing all of this at 23yrs old. Rightfully so. Fox is amazing. But what they don’t see if how comfortable Fox is with Lindgren and the history they have together since being on team USA. Fox is able to make certain reads and certain plays on the ice because he trusts his partner to cover him when needed, make I slick pass or a hit when needed, basically cover his ass when needed. You don’t throw that kind of chemistry away cause there may be a better choice. I can see if Age was an Issue. Or if it was financially impossible to keep lindgren. But neither are the case

It's almost like some baseball pitchers have their own personal catcher. But just on a much higher and more important level.

I feel like Fox and Lindgren are almost connected to each other on a brainwave level.

Reactions: jay from jersey

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
Oh God.

The idea of trading Lindgren (a guy playing at a near first pairing level) is about as stupid as it gets.

I totally agree with you. I would only trade Lindgren if he asks for too much money. As much as I like his game (especially his high level of competitiveness), it's important that he doesn't get overpayed, since there are more important cotracts coming up in the future and it is definitely harder to score goals in this league than defend them.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
It's almost like some baseball pitchers have their own personal catcher. But just on a much higher and more important level.

I feel like Fox and Lindgren are almost connected to each other on a brainwave level.
Fox be like:
tumblr_oqa0q0FPod1r2psneo4_400.gifv

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Oh God.

The idea of trading Lindgren (a guy playing at a near first pairing level) is about as stupid as it gets.

Stupid? That's an overstatement. I disagree with the idea, but I don't see why it's "stupid" to think Miller and Jones should be the top 2 LD on the team. Is it that hard to disagree with somebody else's position without being condescending?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Comes from playing with one another prior. They are also best friends off the ice. Fox isn’t up for Norris without Lindgren as his partner. That’s a bold statement, and it’s the truth. You don’t deal that away to save 3-4 million on a 23yr old physical minute eating D for an unproven prospect with talent. There’s no Guarantee they will have the same chemistry as fox and Lindgren. You would essentially weaken your first pair with the reasoning your trying to make it better and save cap. It’s not a good idea

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Yea the comfort level between the two, and them being on the same wavelength has made it a real special thing to watch them grow this year. You can just see the confidence oozing out of Fox by having lindy on his left. Same thing goes for lindgren, he’s getting better and he makes certain plays that I think normally he wouldn’t if he wasn’t so in tune with his partner. I expect lindgren to sign a 4-6 year extension. After that deal when he’s around 29-30 I would deal him. The wear and tear on his body will likely have taken its toll by then and I would avoid another Staal/ girardi situation

the rangers want a real mobile D that’s hard to play against and that covers a lot of ground. There’s going to be a real solid player on each side that won’t have room. If you go by Gorts and JD s mandate about being tougher this it what you’ll likely see at some point in the next year and a half 2 years

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Schneider

Imo this is the group that would be hardest to score on while still being big, mobile and moving the puck
The 2nd line up they could try would be
Lindgren-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Robertson- lundkvist
This line up pairs a smaller more offensive guy with a more stay at home type with out losing mobility. Each pair can defend adequately but you lose a lot of beef in this line up and not enough nasty IMO
Finally I think they could go
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Robertson-Trouba

in this instance I think Schneider comes in and impresses and by mid season takes top 4 duties allowing trouba to slide to 3rd pair. This could be a solid line up and you can really interchange everyone on any par. It’s very versatile.

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Dream trade with Seattle would be sending Kreider there. Right now he’s our worst contract but he could be for them possibly what Neal was for Vegas.

Maybe Barron could replace Chris in the lineup.

Ideally, I'd gladly trade them Kreider. Unfortunately he's an east coast boy and I'm pretty sure he has a NMC so good luck with that. Seattle is a pretty far cry from NY or Boston. On the plus side, Seattle is a new hockey city so he could probably get away with coasting half the season.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Trading Lindgren is a bad idea. This team shouldn't be trading away young, physical, top 4 defensemen absent a major overpay. He's a core/culture guy. Mike Sauer light. He's a guy whose value is higher to the Rangers than any acquiring team.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Trading Lindgren is a bad idea. This team shouldn't be trading away young, physical, top 4 defensemen absent a major overpay. He's a core/culture guy. Mike Sauer light. He's a guy whose value is higher to the Rangers than any acquiring team.

only scenario it should be even considered if his cap hit becomes too high to afford....as long as he's on a reasonable cap hit that we can afford then don't even discuss it until he is approaching 30 and you start thinking about his decline

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
To be honest Fox hasn’t really looked the same since he stopped playing with Lindgren. The entire team hasn’t looked the same since Trouba went down.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yea the comfort level between the two, and them being on the same wavelength has made it a real special thing to watch them grow this year. You can just see the confidence oozing out of Fox by having lindy on his left. Same thing goes for lindgren, he’s getting better and he makes certain plays that I think normally he wouldn’t if he wasn’t so in tune with his partner. I expect lindgren to sign a 4-6 year extension. After that deal when he’s around 29-30 I would deal him. The wear and tear on his body will likely have taken its toll by then and I would avoid another Staal/ girardi situation

the rangers want a real mobile D that’s hard to play against and that covers a lot of ground. There’s going to be a real solid player on each side that won’t have room. If you go by Gorts and JD s mandate about being tougher this it what you’ll likely see at some point in the next year and a half 2 years

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Schneider

Imo this is the group that would be hardest to score on while still being big, mobile and moving the puck
The 2nd line up they could try would be
Lindgren-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Robertson- lundkvist
This line up pairs a smaller more offensive guy with a more stay at home type with out losing mobility. Each pair can defend adequately but you lose a lot of beef in this line up and not enough nasty IMO
Finally I think they could go
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Robertson-Trouba

in this instance I think Schneider comes in and impresses and by mid season takes top 4 duties allowing trouba to slide to 3rd pair. This could be a solid line up and you can really interchange everyone on any par. It’s very versatile.

I think one of Jones or Lundkvist will be traded for other needs. I think your last D group will eventually be the D they settle on. That's a group that can have skill, mobility, grit and size. I really can't wait to see Schneider.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
To be honest Fox hasn’t really looked the same since he stopped playing with Lindgren. The entire team hasn’t looked the same since Trouba went down.

Because Trouba is very good at what he does.

we are also icing now 1 legit NHl dman. Fox. Thats it.

miller, jones and reunanen are not exactly nhl ready. Hajek sucks, Smith is awful.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why are we still looking to bank picks? We already have banked assets to move. So what happens when we make all those picks, oh look, banked assets, lets trade the emerging NHL players like say, Chytil, to bank more picks. So were always in a building mode with inexperienced players and never have an experienced young core to compete. It's getting close to time to move some assets and take the next step. It doesn't have to be Eichel.

ALWAYS bank picks, which are ALWAYS useful currency.
competition should have best players emerge
don't discard the runner ups
get something for them

also, sell high not too early, but not too late, either
we had a chance for Drury from CAR
if Buch and small + for Drury + 1st
but not anymore

---------

I think one of Jones or Lundkvist will be traded for other needs. I think your last D group will eventually be the D they settle on. That's a group that can have skill, mobility, grit and size. I really can't wait to see Schneider.

Need to be VERY careful with that.
These are higher level guys.
Don't be so cavalier to deal
Nils L esp is our next RD w/Schneider = Trouba replacement

I'm not married to Jones but don't want him undersold, need to realize what we have there before we move, if we move, which is gonna boil down in short term to his upside vs return for Lindgren sold high ... unless bern can create a way to manipulate roster to keep as many of our faves as possible.

Would be nice if we could do Jones +++ for Zegras, but that is not happening.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
ALWAYS bank picks, which are ALWAYS useful currency.
competition should have best players emerge
don't discard the runner ups
get something for them

also, sell high not too early, but not too late, either
we had a chance for Drury from CAR
if Buch and small + for Drury + 1st
but not anymore

---------

Need to be VERY careful with that.
These are higher level guys.
Don't be so cavalier to deal
Nils L esp is our next RD w/Schneider = Trouba replacement

I'm not married to Jones but don't want him undersold, need to realize what we have there before we move, if we move, which is gonna boil down in short term to his upside vs return for Lindgren sold high ... unless bern can create a way to manipulate roster to keep as many of our faves as possible.

Would be nice if we could do Jones +++ for Zegras, but that is not happening.

I don't think anyone is disregarding the value of those guys or looking to just move them for an average player. most are talking about taking advantage of our depth to return a valuable asset that fills another need.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Relax peeps!

As I said Lindy is a fave of mine also.
We do not have to move him now entering rfa yrs, and only real concern other than roster competition is that this guy does not turn into Girardi and break down in another 4 or so yrs, which is possible but not automatic since we are not doing the stupid Torts everybody is a goalie shot blocker.

Somebody has to go, but today that does not have to be Lindy.
bern is working on it...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think anyone is disregarding the value of those guys or looking to just move them for an average player. most are talking about taking advantage of our depth to return a valuable asset that fills another need.

My pt is you usually don't go wrong with:
surplus player for a pick
amass picks
ample capital for trade to get who you really want need
profit

as opposed to trying to force best return for a specific player
trading partner may not have best return for us for guy we are dealing
but
if we take picks,
that = max flexibility
just bank universal currency

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

He's carrying Hajek around the ice. He can't take the same risks. And Hajek plays so much slower with the puck on his stick and his passes often put the recipient in vulnerable positions. He is greatly overmatched out there with the matchups that Fox gets and it's very obvious. So, yeah, Foxy doesn't look the same because he's wearing an anchor around his ankle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad