Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Gustav Olofsson signs with the Kraken (1 year, $750k, two-way)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Their D corps is pretty chock full of tweeners/bottom pairing D

Not a bad deal, though. He's probably okay with playing in the AHL, because otherwise - assuming the top 6 is Gio, Oleksiak, Larsson, Dunn, Fleury, Soucy - that's quite the uphill battle against Fleury, Borgen, Lauzon, Cholowski, and Carrick just to be the 7th man in.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Their D corps is pretty chock full of tweeners/bottom pairing D

Not a bad deal, though. He's probably okay with playing in the AHL, because otherwise - assuming the top 6 is Gio, Oleksiak, Larsson, Dunn, Fleury, Soucy - that's quite the uphill battle against Fleury, Borgen, Lauzon, Cholowski, and Carrick just to be the 7th man in.

Yea just filling out AHL obligations at this point.

Reactions: banks

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He was rumored to be back in Sweden, but I guess he's sticking around. He's a good AHL D, but not sure he has much NHL potential past #7D.

It's a bit strange as Seattle are sharing an affiliate with Florida this year so they don't really need that much depth there.

Florida: Ekblad, Montour, Nuutivaara, Weegar, Juulsen, Forsling, Gudas
Seattle: Giodarno, Oleksiak, Larsson, Dunn, Soucy, Fleury and 2 of Borgen/Cholowski/Lauzon

Charlotte: (FLA) Kiersted, Connauton, Gildon, Ludvig, Carlsson, Priskie (SEA) Carrick, Olofsson, Fleury, 1 of Borgen/Cholowski/Lauzon
That means 2-3 guys need to be loaned to other AHL teams or the ECHL.

I don't get it, but then I can't say I get many moves Seattle has done.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
we still have to have players to go up.

They already had 3 guys + they had 2 spare Ds at the NHL level. If you get 5 Ds injured at the same time, you are screwed anyway.

Not that it would matter with the current squad. Even with their starting lineup playing 82 games, it's a rough road to the PO.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Which defensemen will Seattle have to put on waivers? Arizona ought to be pretty desperate to add a blue liner, and are pretty high up the priority list.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What's to get? Defense wins championships and the more defenseman you have, the higher the chances. Uncle Ronny understands this.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This guy could've been something but he's injured practically all the time. Good AHLer/NHL replacement option if healthy though.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
How many guys will Seattle even have in the split AHL team ? Right now they have like 11 D options ?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Which defensemen will Seattle have to put on waivers? Arizona ought to be pretty desperate to add a blue liner, and are pretty high up the priority list.

Carrick, Olofsson, C. Fleury, 1 (or 2) of Borgen/Cholowski/Lauzon

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The analytics person who is in Seattle used to be in MN. They would be very aware of Olofsson. I thought he had a chance to be a 2nd pairing guy when he was younger. Decent skater, long, with surprisingly decent offensive instincts. The knee and shoulder injuries killed any momentum he might have had in his career. There is a slight chance that he becomes a late bloomer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad