Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Alex Wennberg signing with the Kraken (3 years, $4.5M AAV)

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I'm not a Kraken fan, but I didn't like it when Francis said "teams weren't willing to make the mistakes they made last time", i.e. last time being Vegas.

Even if that is true, that teams were more careful this time around, it's still a negative type of statement and sounds like an excuse if his team is about to suck this upcoming season.

I've no idea how good or bad the Kraken are going to be next season (if I had to guess, probably mediocre to bad), but Alexander Wennberg's a really unspectacular player.

This is not at all true though. There were plenty of cap dumps. Plus Francis took multiple players with near zero worth. He showed no creativity which is the requirement in such a dynamic situation.

The Seattle problem is not the current roster. Solid team, bottom tier playoff team. Not bad for expansion.

The problem with Seattle:

1. Lack of accrued assets leveraging the ED
2. Lack of weaponizing cap space for additional assets

They are at $65m. Ouch.

Some of that could have been to improve the team and some of that could have been used to retain on short term deals and then flip for assets.

Creativity..... Why not take Fleury for free, retain half, and send him to Colorado when they signed Gru? He has 1 year left, no way Seattle uses all the remaining $15m in cap space. The only "cost" is an owner cash outlay. It doesn't reduce cap flexibility at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad