Trade: [SD/CHW] James Shields to the White Sox

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Consistently average-to-bad? I agree.

Nope.

His last go-around in the AL Central was pretty solid & he's had some good numbers playing at US Cellular. Doesn't help that the Padres have been a joke the last two seasons giving him no support at all.

This season he's actually been solid, hasn't given up more than four runs in a start aside from his last outing as a Padre.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
what a disaster AJ Preller has been, just like most sane people thought when he started his path of horrendous moves

Just imagine how bad it would have been if the Padres successfully courted Pablo Sandoval who was one of their top targets that offseason.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Tatis was a 700k sign who never played pro ball. That's like the equivalent of hitting on a 25th round pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
In 80's the Sox stole a future allstar SS from Padres and 30 years later it happened to us

At time of trade Anderson was having great rookie campaign and there was reason to believe we had our SS spot locked down for next decade (May still be as Anderson is firmly entrenched and having his best start to a season of career)

Its a shame to lose a deal like this but it happens

Reactions: Golden Puppers

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
In 80's the Sox stole a future allstar SS from Padres and 30 years later it happened to us

At time of trade Anderson was having great rookie campaign and there was reason to believe we had our SS spot locked down for next decade (May still be as Anderson is firmly entrenched and having his best start to a season of career)

Its a shame to lose a deal like this but it happens

Ozzie Guillen was a solid player. Tatis looks like a franchise player

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I mean it's definitely the Sox fault for not even giving him a real look, but they're certainly not the only ones to miss.

I was definitely wrong, but I thought the deal was shitty Erik Johnson and a lotto ticket. The lotto ticket just hit.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup
Sep 19, 2008
Listen, I have my medium to be smart at.

(If any of the regulars want my twitter for whatever reason, just shoot a DM over)
i'd follow u but I can't see any of your tweets for some reason :cry:

This is the only site I use to talk sports. I'm just too damn busy and lazy to go elsewhere.

I'm an essentialist with my time.

I post on at least 3 different message boards and often cross post between them all to relay information. It's good for learning more about the game as well as perpetuating narratives like "WHY SALE WINLESS" or something to that extent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad