Scuderi scolds Pens after OT loss to Oilers

yankeesdynsty*

Rob Scuderi speaks out against team after OT loss to Oilers: Link below:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/tribunereviewpenguins/~3/M_nAcEMarR0/penguins-malkin-period

I don't deny anything in the fact that the Pens are the #1 team in the East right now, but they did play extremly poorly. It's time for a change. Start by FIRING that so called great Olympic Coach Disco Dan! He doesn't seem like he knows what he is doing. It doesn't matter if he leads the Pens in wins in the franchise. He has ONE STANLEY CUP & he coached only 25 games that year & since hasn't been nothing except the regular season. Plus Shero needs to make a big trade & not for a rental, maybe move Letang (not worth 7.25m starting next season).

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Needs to scold Ray Shero for not replacing what he has with a real head coach determined to get results instead of the present guy who has turned this club into the Festival Express for the last 5 years.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Good on Scuderi for speaking up. When you start seeing the Adams/Glasses of this team start doing blind back passes into the attacking zone something is seriously wrong.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Wait! So you're telling me in LA the Kings didn't build campfires and sing "Kumbaya My Lord" after a bad game? That players would actually experience an unpleasant moment? :sarcasm:

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
This team needs someone like this. Good for Scuds for not towing the company line.

Very happy to hear it. The team can win quite a lot just because it has so much talent in Crosby, Geno, Neal, ect, and a pretty good depth in its system overall ... But they need to have some sort of a very committed and responsible team game come playoff time. The fact that Scuderi is having to say things like this though makes me wonder to what extent the "smartest coach in hockey" is emphasizing these points. Simply relying on talent barely just got the Pens past the Islanders last year.

M10

Dec 7, 2013
Wonder how many egos, including those in the coaching staff were internally upset with Scuderi's assessment. Considering the "core" is the group most guilty, and the coaching staff either hasn't addressed it, hasn't had the balls to follow through with it, or has no issue with it.

Either way, he's telling quite a few people how to do their job publicly. Hope no one whines about it.

yankeesdynsty*

So, by Scuderi speaking up like this, does everyone believe action should be take? By this I mean, a trade, fire Byslma or Shero? If a trade?, what type of trade should the Pens make? Ideas?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So, by Scuderi speaking up like this, does everyone believe action should be take? By this I mean, a trade, fire Byslma or Shero? If a trade?, what type of trade should the Pens make? Ideas?

Bylsma should've been fired after last season but that's been beaten to death. Basically the players need to stop playing like idiots and the coaches need to enforce that and hold them accountable. Neither will happen though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Bylsma should've been fired after last season but that's been beaten to death. Basically the players need to stop playing like idiots and the coaches need to enforce that and hold them accountable. Neither will happen though.

That's the big problem. I don't believe Bylsma tells the players to look like the hockey version of the Harlem Globetrotters, but when the players do it anyways he doesn't tell them to stop. It's like a voice can never be raised amongst the get along gang.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Interesting how it's the veteran leaders that haven't been a part of this team that speak up. Last year Vokoun and this year Scuds. I think that says something.

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
Interesting how it's the veteran leaders that haven't been a part of this team that speak up. Last year Vokoun and this year Scuds. I think that says something.
Came in here to say exactly this. Where's that veteran leadership? Shouldn't the captain be the one to lay it down?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It's nice to know someone on the team is aware of the glaring problems that everyone outside of the room sees.

But will anything change? I wouldn't hold my breath.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Came in here to say exactly this. Where's that veteran leadership? Shouldn't the captain be the one to lay it down?

Yah, Sid is at the point in his career where he needs to say this stuff. He's been as guilty as anyone for stupid blind passes the past few weeks though, so he needs to look at his own game first.

Scuds is basically calling out the whole organization here, and now it's up to Shero to do something about it. A perfect way to shake up a complacent bunch is to get rid of Adams. That will serve as a shot across DB's bow of accountability and get rid of an awful player at the same time. Someone will pick the guy up for nothing else than vet leadership. If not, the partial cap hit won't kill us as much as Adams will. If DB can't get some discipline in this crew within a month, then just admit your mistake and fire the guy. JMart will be happy to be the jerk.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
meh, I don't know, didn't Vokoun basically say the same thing last season? Quality veteran player coming to the team and saying they play in a stupid manner at times?

Then again, I rather hear that than the company line Sid, DB, and company ran out all off-season in regards to the sweep against Boston, "didn't get any bounces", "puck luck" and on and on. I can only take so many of Crosby's, Letang's, whoever's lazy, high-risk, low-reward forced cross-ice passes when they're clearly not there.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
meh, I don't know, didn't Vokoun basically say the same thing last season? Quality veteran player coming to the team and saying they played in a stupid manner?

Then again, I rather hear that than the company line Sid, DB, and company ran out all off-season in regards to the sweep against Boston, "didn't get any bounces", "puck luck" and on and on.

Orpik has done this as well over the years, but led to nothing.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
As I have said numerous times, Pens are a great organization to play for. They fire no one and hold no one accountable except some younger guys who Bylsma would trade for veterans in a heatbeat. Someday Mario will grow tired of watching his franchise not win any cups and react. I just don't know when but it doesn't look it will happen for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad