GDT: SCQ Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens 8/5/20 8:00pm EST SN, TVA, NBC-SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
rqYwMe6.jpg

r1lWGp6.jpg

WI5zZ4f.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't blame Domi if he wanted out if he is still with Weise and Weal. I'd personally take out Weal, replace him with Evans, move Domi to Suzuki's wing and bump Drouin to the 4th.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Drouin - Danault - Gally
Tatar - Suzuki - Armia
Evans - Kotka - Lehky
Byron - Domi - Weal

Wish Drouin wasn't part of this puzzle but it is what it is. Might as well play him with defence consious players and hope for a miracle.

I like Byron with Domi, I like Evans with KK since they played well in Laval and I like Tatar with Suzuki since they seem to have meshed the few times they were on the ice together.

Drouin will kill all offensive output of the Danault line so they as well just focus on defending Crosby.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I kind of hope KK is demoted just to see Julien stumble all over himself trying to justify it when hes been one of our better players.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Let’s get this going:

Tatar Suzuki Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Armia
Drouin Danault Byron
Lehkonen Evans Hudon

Chiarot Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Fleury/Juulsen

Price

Suzuki / Kotkaniemi have been our best forwards to start. Which is saying a lot and they should be rewarded, getting their confidence sky high.

Evans + Hudon come in for Weal and Weise who are doing nothing at all for contribution even without the puck. Weise just looks uninterested. The same can be said about Drouin but we need him Incase he does start going and he’s got an offensive touch. That’s why he’s on the 3rd line.

Julien should get out of his old ways and try new things. He’s trying to force something that he thinks will explode for offense. It won’t. They can score like a team should but aren’t that great offensively. The team didn’t look structured or on the same page last game. Shake it up and try something new. The Habs got nothing to lose.

Not expected to win, I always want them to win but I know there is a large majority of the fan base that wants a shot at Lafreniere rather then moving on to continue to play for the cup. it couldn’t be a better time for a coach or GM. Excitement win or lose. Just play the young guys build their confidence for next year as well. You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
What's up with Domi on the bottom lines? Anyone know if CJ has explained this at all?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What's up with Domi on the bottom lines? Anyone know if CJ has explained this at all?

He did. With not having the last change in the first two games, he wanted to balance out the lines, where he feels comfortable with whoever the center is against either Crosby or Malkin. But looking at his TOI, he is definitely not being used as a 4C. In both games, Kotkaniemi was the least used center.

For me, my issue isn't that Domi is the 4C, it's his wingers that's the problem. I don't think Weal or Weise belong in the line-up, let alone saddle Domi with them.

Now with the Habs having the last change for Game 3 and Game 4, I think CJ will be able to rearrange his lines.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The lines are not updated, Habs lines hopefully will be changed.

We’re the home team tonight so I am expecting some lineup changes since we got the last change. I mean, not that I think it should matter because home or away, I’d still dress Poehling before Weise or Weal...

I believe he did, if you take him for his word... he basically said he wanted to spread the offence around and it’s not a 4th line.

Realistically, Domi missed training camp and I think CJ wanted to ease him in and keep him at center. We can argue how he should be higher up than Kotkaniemi but he as well as Suzuki have been relatively bright spots so far. I think he should move Domi back to wing and have him swap with Drouin. Or, bench Weal or Weise (or both), put Poehling at center and move Domi to wing.

Reactions: donghabs98

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
All these different proposed like combos are nothing more than re-arranging decks on the titanic. The team is utter crap. So no matter how much you re-arrange different pieces of crap, over all it is still just a pile of crap

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think it's time to #UnleashPoehling

No way he can be worse than Weise, and if CJ is going to talk about getting the kids valuable playoff experience, Poehling and Evans certainly stand to benefit more than Dale

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
so these guys don't practice between games? After 4 months layoff they are already fatugued after 2 games that they haven't even put on any effort?
That's pathetic.

Reactions: MasterD

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Wooo I’m back boys, just in time to whip some Penguins and eat their tattered remains.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
so these guys don't practice between games? After 4 months layoff they are already fatugued after 2 games that they haven't even put on any effort?
That's pathetic.
I haven't been paying attention to whether or not teams are practicing, but if they aren't, it is 100% because of the arena availability during the return to play. There are 8 teams 12 teams in each city who would want to practice, so I have no doubt that it'd be next to impossible to come up with a schedule that would make sense.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I haven't been paying attention to whether or not teams are practicing, but if they aren't, it is 100% because of the arena availability during the return to play. There are 8 teams 12 teams in each city who would want to practice, so I have no doubt that it'd be next to impossible to come up with a schedule that would make sense.

I know in Edmonton they are practicing at another place (a complex that has 4 ice sheets). It’s about 20 minutes from their hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad