GDT: [SCP R3 GM6] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 7:00 PM CT (ESPN)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Doesn't look like Vegas touched the trophy. I assume the Stars would have considering they didn't last time. So funny how superstitious these guys are

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Started in the ECHL, never rule out a return to the ECHL
cover22.jpg

Obviously he had a rough year, understandably. We'll see how he rebounds this season.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Miro did look average this series. Maybe out of Gas which is understandable

Get him a genuine top pair partner. Take some load off

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
If you really dig into the stats, they suggest Vegas has been EXTREMELY lucky this entire playoffs.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get their shit kicked in by Florida in 4-5 games.

Yeah, just on goaltending alone. I mean Hill has been good for them, but they way keep touting him as amazing is laughable. He looked very pedestrian anytime you'd get traffic and bodies in front, but Vegas plays a very good team game that makes sure they're getting to rebounds first to mitigate that.

If Florida hasn't gathered a bit of rust sitting idle, they could run him out of games early with their speed and tenacity.

Reactions: LT

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Re-watching this game, and it's insane to me that Lindell makes close to $6M per year. To his credit, nobody does more with less. But I don't get how you get a reputation for being "good in the defensive zone" when your only active skills are not turning the puck over, and tying people up.

Reactions: JeffP

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Re-watching this game, and it's insane to me that Lindell makes close to $6M per year. To his credit, nobody does more with less. But I don't get how you get a reputation for being "good in the defensive zone" when your only active skills are not turning the puck over, and tying people up.
I've fought this battle for eons, there isn't a more overrated player in recent Stars history. He was awful in this playoffs, and yet, no one mentioned it.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I've fought this battle for eons, there isn't a more overrated player in recent Stars history. He was awful in this playoffs, and yet, no one mentioned it.

Lindell definitely gets gassed up by the lazy "lots of minutes = quality minutes" argument. I wasn't really speaking to his reputation so much as amazed by what he doesn't do in the defensive zone, which is to say - a lot. But yes: you will never find another team who decided to pay their Methot more than their Karlsson. (Dallas kind of dodged a bullet with that Klingberg contract, but seeing Lindell without Klingberg is making me think we're about to get hit by a different bullet.)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IRC the advanced stats of Esa with and without Hakapää are vastly different. Aka alot better when he was with someone else. Esas shortcomings just can't be covered by someone who has the same shortcoming but even worse. Pairing somehow kinda functioned in the RS but it really did not in the playoffs.

Reactions: piqued

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
IRC the advanced stats of Esa with and without Hakapää are vastly different. Aka alot better when he was with someone else. Esas shortcomings just can't be covered by someone who has the same shortcoming but even worse. Pairing somehow kinda functioned in the RS but it really did not in the playoffs.

I wish we'd see:

Heiskanen - Hakanpaa
Lindell - Lundkvist
Harley - Suter
Hanley

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Lindell got ragged plenty in the playoffs.

Fair enough, I mostly saw a whole lot of complaining about Suter from what I did read.

Lindell definitely gets gassed up by the lazy "lots of minutes = quality minutes" argument. I wasn't really speaking to his reputation so much as amazed by what he doesn't do in the defensive zone, which is to say - a lot. But yes: you will never find another team who decided to pay their Methot more than their Karlsson. (Dallas kind of dodged a bullet with that Klingberg contract, but seeing Lindell without Klingberg is making me think we're about to get hit by a different bullet.)
I know you weren't, that's just a thing I have noticed about him when he gets discussed within the fanbase, and of course, the team. He gets a free pass because of the lazy argument, but really just isn't a player that lives up to his contract, and is generally overrated for the things he can contribute.

For a team that has been cap strapped for the last several years, he always felt like the most rational trade candidate of all the players a team could feasibly want, but now he's got his NMC so I think the best thing that can happen is he walks for free in two years. In a league where d-men need to be a huge part of the transition game to be successful, he just doesn't have the skills to be worth whatever contract he'll want.

Reactions: David Castillo

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can work. Miro played with Miller 5on5 for most of the year and it didn't automatically elevate Millers numbers to higher than 15-20 minutes at most.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad