GDT: [SCP R2 GM4] Dallas Stars @ Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (ESPN)

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
A good bounce back win boys. Needed to come out strong and put their boot on Seattle and they did. Domi deserves all the kudos and money he's earning himself. I wish him all the best not only the rest of the playoffs for us but this summer earning himself his big money contract. Kid's earned it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
All tied up going home, good W. Hopefully this series continues to go the way the last one went

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Second must win of the season complete. Would be nice to not get swarmed so much by Seattle but it is what it is.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The thing I love about Domi and its why he was such a great addition is because he has game breaking abilities that weren't present in our lineup outside of Hintz's speed. He brings everything we needed more of/needed in general. Jim Nill absolutely killed it at the deadline

Also Harley has 4 points in 4 games in this series now.

Reactions: Elysian and Sports2

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
IMG_3068.jpeg

How lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also, I didn't hate Robertson's game tonight. He was getting chances and helped generate a few as well. Puck going in is hopefully the next step but his shooting does look off a bit but maybe that's just cause he's snakebit idk

Reactions: Zrhutch

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Also, I didn't hate Robertson's game tonight. He was getting chances and helped generate a few as well. Puck going in is hopefully the next step but his shooting does look off a bit but maybe that's just cause he's snakebit idk
He’s getting in the right areas and generating some dangerous chances with his shot and passing. It’s getting there, but he is snakebit right now. Liked him showing a bit of fight in that scrum in the 2nd too.

The thing with Robo is his play/skating style when things aren’t happening for him looks kinda lackadaisical, which is tough for him because you know he’s making an effort. It’s the playoffs and there’s never been any word of him being a bad teammate or giving less than 100%. Quite the opposite, actually. Think he’s in his own head a bit though.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Also I really don’t like the idea of fellas here attacking guys’ effort level from the couch where you don’t have a clue, so while I’m online- the 4-0 goal doesn’t happen without Robo winning a couple battles along the boards to get the around and back in front. He’s battling and getting greasy. That argument is losing weight.

Reactions: LT and redbeardtx
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
So with McCann back, lets see if "good player coming back = team plays worse and loses" holds true yet again.
Yup, it sure did hold true. Someday coaches will learn not to change a lineup in the playoffs after the team played a great game, no matter who it is. Bringing Bergeron back cost Boston their series, lets hope something similar happens to Seattle.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also if I'm Nill I'm making a decent offer to Hanley to continue to be our 7th dman. Guy is just money no matter how many games he sits out.

I like him too. Unfortunately he forces us to carry 8 defenders, if there are no moves in the offseason.

It will be interesting to see what Nill does with the defense. There is Miro, Lindell is a great anchor for a second pair, and then... not much.

Harley has looked very promising and could be a top 4 guy all of next year. But that pushes someone to their off-side (which I think is less of a problem than many).

You all know how I feel about Suter.

Hakanpaa, good bottom pairing guy and part of the Mafia.

Miller and Hanley, just dudes. Miller has higher highs and lower lows than Hanley, but neither should be given much more of a chance than a #6 role and spot PK duty.

If Lundkvist improves defensively over the offseason, which I think I trust to happen... then we might be set as is and need to do nothing but retain the current personnel. If not, if Nill really thinks Lundkvist isn't the answer, then he's gotta go out and get someone else.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also I really don’t like the idea of fellas here attacking guys’ effort level from the couch where you don’t have a clue, so while I’m online- the 4-0 goal doesn’t happen without Robo winning a couple battles along the boards to get the around and back in front. He’s battling and getting greasy. That argument is losing weight.

Yea I have very little doubt that pretty much every guy is giving what they can. Sometimes you just run out and look tired, but they still do what they can.

There aren't a ton (none, really) of instances I can think of where blatant laziness affected the outcome of a meaningful game.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
One of Suter, Miller, or Jani is gone. This defense needs a puck mover. Nils alone isn't enough. Even both he and Harley alone aren't enough to fix this team's defensive needs. I don't really keep up with the rest of the league so I have no idea who's UFA that's good, or a good trade target but they should be focusing on the defense with Stank and Bourque in the wings.

Personally I'd trade Miller and buyout Suter. These pairs probably aren't ideal but R-L being what it is without knowing who they'll could bring in.

Miro-?
Lindell-Lundkvist
Jani-Harley
Hanley

I'm trading Faska to make enough money available. Quantity of assets is a quality all it's own so anything beyond Stank, Bourque, and Bischel should be made available.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I think realistically we'd probably run:

Suter - Miro
Lindell - Miller
Harley - Hakanpaa
Lundqvist

Although we all want it to happen, there's no way in hell we're buying out Suter or trading Faksa.

It is what it is

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad