GDT: [SCP R2 GM4] Dallas Stars @ Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (ESPN)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dadonov ended up with 2 assists tonight. They took Miro's 2nd assist and gave it to him. Not sure if the shot hit him or what it's really tough to tell

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think realistically we'd probably run:

Suter - Miro
Lindell - Miller
Harley - Hakanpaa
Lundqvist

Although we all want it to happen, there's no way in hell we're buying out Suter or trading Faksa.

It is what it is
There's no way in hell Nils doesn't pitch a fit if he's the 7th next season. Kid wanted out of NY because he wasn't playing. He's either in the lineup nightly or he's gone. He wasn't great last year but he's still got tons of potential and Dallas paid a 1st for it. He's not going to be in the press box to start the season. It may be come trade deadline he's not convinced DeBoer and they move him but he's going to get a 60ish game trial. Which of Miller, Jani, or Suter goes I have no idea but something has got to give. Miller as the 7th is less ideal than Hanley.

Trading Faska only happens if they need money. I don't think they're going to count on both Bourque and Stankoven to make the roster opening night so a UFA forward gets signed and yes this defense needs more than just Harley.

Reactions: LT and redbeardtx

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
There's no way in hell Nils doesn't pitch a fit if he's the 7th next season. Kid wanted out of NY because he wasn't playing. He's either in the lineup nightly or he's gone. He wasn't great last year but he's still got tons of potential and Dallas paid a 1st for it. He's not going to be in the press box to start the season. It may be come trade deadline he's not convinced DeBoer and they move him but he's going to get a 60ish game trial. Which of Miller, Jani, or Suter goes I have no idea but something has got to give. Miller as the 7th is less ideal than Hanley.

Trading Faska only happens if they need money. I don't think they're going to count on both Bourque and Stankoven to make the roster opening night so a UFA forward gets signed and yes this defense needs more than just Harley.
He can pitch a fit all he wants but he's still under contract. I think he should definitely be playing, but that lineup I posted is what I think the team will run with. They'll probably let Hanley walk and have Nils as the 7th D. I just don't see Nill trading any of our d-men under contract as an insurance policy in case of injuries. He's run 7D as long as he's been here. And they seem to love Faksa so I doubt they trade him. Again, this is what I think the team will end up doing, not my personal opinion on what I think they should do.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Harley has changed their off season discussions. I think they always wanted to believe he'd force his way in during training camp in September but Lundkvist didn't excel and it was obvious our transition D needed help. Now he's proven he's for real. Seattle has shown how footspeed and transition hockey matters so what do they do.

You've got 3 very replaceable guys in Miller, Jani, and Suter. Two will be pending UFAs, neither of whom have covered themselves in glory in the playoffs. Jani's size may give him the advantage. Suter's actually been good in the playoffs but was awful by most metrics in the regular season. Lundkvist is cheap, controllable, young, and he brings something different than the other 3.

I don't think Nill wants to get rid of any of them. The cap and the loser being in the press box is going to force his hand cause I don't think anyone besides Hanley is going to accept sitting. So somebody is going to ask out or Dallas as a management group is going to sit down this summer and decide who that odd man out is and move them to maybe recoup a pick at the draft or just before the season starts when it becomes obvious who those 6 are.

I would hope the penny pinching all season to save cap space has taught Nill that 8D isn't viable.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Re: Lundkvistchat

He is a 22 y/o RFA trying to compete with bigger guys who are on the back sides of their careers. Yes, Harley might throw a wrench into those plans but they're both cheap RFAs for now with time in their careers to get where they want to be. Unless you show you're some S tier player like Miro, you're going to have to earn your stripes. Long term? He has a career to play in the NHL. In this instantaneous moment? He's going to sit. It's ok and it happens.

The playoffs are absolutely brutal and unless you're built and play like Martin St Louis, you're going to get absolutely steamrolled by some good ol Canadian dump truck. He also doesn't seem to have a good read on how to pick passes or win corner battles, so I don't think he's ready for the playoff grind yet.

In other news, team gave a shit and won a game. I don't think putting Robertson out there for almost 20 minutes is a good plan considering he seems to be playing like he is broken but hey, if he can skate and draw top coverage and let everyone else score, it'll have to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad