[SCP R1 GM6] Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Flames - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW) | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

2022 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
ROUND 1 – GAME 6 – 5/13/2022 – 8:30 PM CT – BSSW
Scotiabank Saddledome

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Calgary Flames
2-3 ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 3-2

UPCOMING PLAYOFF GAMES

DATE
TIME (CT)
#1 Calgary vs. #WC1 Dallas
Networks
Friday, May 13​
8.30 PM​
Calgary at Dallas​
BSSW, TNT​
*Sunday, May 15
TBD
Dallas at Calgary
TBD

MATCHUP HISTORY

2020-08-11 - Flames 3 - 2 Stars
2020-08-13 - Flames 4 - 5 Stars
2020-08-14 - Stars 0 - 2 Flames
2020-08-16 - Stars 5 - 4 Flames
2020-08-18 - Flames 1 - 2 Stars
2020-08-20 - Stars 7 - 3 Flames

PLAYOFF STATS

jmLrrUA.jpg
hfG8qu0.jpg

vsV97aH.png

:stars

HF stars GDT roster.png

GVlFiFk.png

350dNtm.png

:flames

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Backlund - Toffoli
Dube - Jarnkrok - Coleman
Lucic - Lewis - Ritchie

Hanifin - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Zadorov - Gudbranson

Markstrom

iug5VMR.png

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Same score as last game, 3-1 Flames

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think I tweaked couple of brain cells looking at that matchp history before I undestood it

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Two years ago: Stars win three in a row to come from behind and take the series in six.

2022: Calgary looking to do the exact same thing, and it wouldn't surprise me if they pull it off.

Dallas needs more than Jake Oettinger playing out of his mind, if they want to have any chance at extending this series.

No more dump-and-chase on every rush, no more icing the puck on the powerplay, just show ANY sign that this team is capable of taking control of a game for a full sixty minutes. :laugh:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Two years ago: Stars win three in a row to come from behind and take the series in six.

2022: Calgary looking to do the exact same thing, and it wouldn't surprise me if they pull it off.

Dallas needs more than Jake Oettinger playing out of his mind, if they want to have any chance at extending this series.

No more dump-and-chase on every rush, no more icing the puck on the powerplay, just show ANY sign that this team is capable of taking control of a game for a full sixty minutes. :laugh:

Stars have played a really solid defensive game. I don't it's about whether they are capable or not to play offensive game, it's that Bowness doesn't want that.

Reactions: ignite and MBTendy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think I tweaked couple of brain cells looking at that matchp history before I undestood it

I thought the assist scoring leader for Dallas was an error, so I looked it up... damn. It's indeed a 3 way tie for 2 assists. The 2020 stats threw me off a bit as well.

Stars potentially poised for a heck of a do or die response game. Flames cannot let off on the gas for even a moment.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Can see tonight going either way. But one thing’s for sure… stressful few hours and likely low scoring affair. Unless a team goes up a couple of goals, things will stay tight.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I've seen Stars fans make comments about Benn but I kept thinking yeah he makes a lot of careless plays but he also can mix in a few great plays sometimes. This series has changed my thinking.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Okay with whatever result comes our way. Would obviously love to win but getting Bowness fired and making major changes would be huge

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Okay with whatever result comes our way. Would obviously love to win but getting Bowness fired and making major changes would be huge

I don't blame y'all for being the Valley of dry Bones with Bowness at the helm. With a new coach, I think you guys could be electric to watch while still being a scary opponent to play against.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The problem is, even with a new coach Seguin, Benn, Gurianov, all still suck. New coach doesn't magically create a second line. To me it has actually been incredible how unimpactful those three have been this series. You could have put in AHL level players and they would have had the same impact on the game (ie. hanging on for dear life, create nothing, focus only on defense and getting off the ice)

If I need to watch the puck roll off Benn's stick one more time when he has little/no pressure, I might break my TV screen.

The one decent quality about Benn in past was even if he slowed down mid/late season because his body was worn he would amp it up come playoff time. This year, the dude is sleeping and can't do anything within the game.

Hopefully Gaglardi his happy with his 3 games of playoff revenue.

Hopefully the fans are happy when Bowness is fired after this series is done.

Hopefully this team starts focusing on young, speed, skill rather than old, slow, and experience.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Dallas scoring so far is killing me. Reminds me of 2007 when Turco had three shutouts in the 1st round but they still lost to Van.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The problem is, even with a new coach Seguin, Benn, Gurianov, all still suck. New coach doesn't magically create a second line. To me it has actually been incredible how unimpactful those three have been this series. You could have put in AHL level players and they would have had the same impact on the game (ie. hanging on for dear life, create nothing, focus only on defense and getting off the ice)

If I need to watch the puck roll off Benn's stick one more time when he has little/no pressure, I might break my TV screen.

The one decent quality about Benn in past was even if he slowed down mid/late season because his body was worn he would amp it up come playoff time. This year, the dude is sleeping and can't do anything within the game.

The system can do that. Under Hartley, speed never seemed like an issue because our players would always be gliding and rarely stopped. Apparently Hartley even used to say that any player who passed backwards would be bag skated at the next practice. Speed and stamina became much more apparent of a problem under Gulutzan who wanted our players to stop and sprint to top speed all the time.

Bowness is getting the Stars to slowly trap and sprint as soon as they get an opportunity. With the type of sniping at speed they are capable of with Benn, Pavelski, Gurianov, Robertson, Hintz etc. as well as the physicality levels they are capable of playing at, a rush styled coach like Gallant could really rejuvenate that group and leverage their strengths without reverting to the allas Stars under Ruff. TBH, Bowness is kinda leveraging that strength using his trap and opportunistic snipe system.

But someone who can round out the roster further with reasonable defense and rush styled offense could really make that team look different.

Take it from a Flames fan who has seen these types of variations of how the team "looks" under several completely different styled coaches. Y'all have a pretty good future going forward. A quick retool and new coach and you guys will be right back in the thick of things again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce