Scouting report + criticism of Team Russia at the World Juniors

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
great article, really well done and i agree with alot of your insight, just hope that team russia doesnt wake up and make you eat your words :sarcasm:

member 30781

great article, really well done and i agree with alot of your insight, just hope that team russia doesnt wake up and make you eat your words :sarcasm:

I was born in America but my parents were both born in the Soviet Union.

So Russia is my 2nd favorite team after the US. I was just ticked off with their effort but I still do want them to succeed. So don't look at this like I dislike the Russians. I just disliked their effort.

AStammer7*

Russia Should've Invited Khokhlachev,Nemestnikov,Yakupov

I was born in America but my parents were both born in the Soviet Union.

So Russia is my 2nd favorite team after the US. I was just ticked off with their effort but I still do want them to succeed. So don't look at this like I dislike the Russians. I just disliked their effort.

Alexandre Khokhlachev,Vladislav Nemestnikov and Nail Yakupov are the 3 best Russian junior players and they(Russian Federation) decided not to invite them because of politics... The head of the Federation needs to live in the present and not past...This trio could of lit up anyone and would've made Russia the favorite to win 2011 World Juniors...

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Alexandre Khokhlachev,Vladislav Nemestnikov and Nail Yakupov are the 3 best Russian junior players and they(Russian Federation) decided not to invite them because of politics... The head of the Federation needs to live in the present and not past...This trio could of lit up anyone and would've made Russia the favorite to win 2011 World Juniors...

Not even close. Those are 3 underagers that you are assuming would've had big impacts. Look at what the underagers did in the tournament. There is no way they would've been favourites over the US, Canada and Sweden. At best they would've been talked about for the bronze.

Pauk

Jan 14, 2011
So coming into this World Junior Championships in Buffalo, with new coaching, players, and talent, I expected Russia to play with an edge that Russia hadn’t played with in quite some time. I mean, they couldn’t disappoint again…could they?

Russia did this 6 years in a row and fans almost got used to this :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad