Scott Wilson Thread

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
The guy already won me over when he got his face punched by Boone Jenner after the Malkin knee on knee. I don't like staged fights, but this was a good effort against a way bigger *******.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I call them the J.O.B. Squad.

I prefer the G.O.B. Squad.

Gob-Bluth.gif

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Does anyone want to see a Wilson-Sundquist-Rust line as bad as I do

Cullen-Bonino-Fehr

as the third when healthy assuming Bennett is in fact dead.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Cullen-Bonino-Fehr

so wait, you want to take the three best players... and... put them together... and stop playing the bad ones?

You crazy, dog

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I preferred Rust over Wilson last year and this year as well. As Billy pointed out, it's hard to figure out what was going to be Wilson's calling card in the NHL. After getting his first goal, you can see the confidence build and are starting to see the kind of player he projects to be. Whether he gets there or not is anyone's guess.

Of all the WBS kids, I still say that this year, Rust should be the only one with a playoff roster spot intentionally left open for him. I'd be okay with one of Wilson, Sheary with another spot (or Sundqvist if they moved a center at the deadline), but they need to look at sensible upgrades first.

That said, it's encouraging to see Wilson start to produce at the NHL level. It would be really damn nice to have a cheap, young, producing bottom 6 for once.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I like Wilson. I'm glad to finally see him bring some of that scoring from the AHL to the NHL. I'd like to see him pick up the physicality, though. I've read he started playing a harder game in the A and I thought he played with more physicality when he first got called up earlier in the year. If he can do that and chip in 10-ish goals a year, he'll have a home in their bottom 6.

I like what most of the young guys bring to the bottom 6. I don't see anything of them ever getting meaningful minutes outside of the bottom 6, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Kuhnhackl brings some sized and speed, Rust & Wilson bring skill and speed, Sheary brings... Rudy-ness?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like what most of the young guys bring to the bottom 6. I don't see anything of them ever getting meaningful minutes outside of the bottom 6, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Kuhnhackl brings some sized and speed, Rust & Wilson bring skill and speed, Sheary brings... Rudy-ness?

We are really lowering the bar for speed if Kuhn brings it.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

Cullen-Bonino-Fehr

so wait, you want to take the three best players... and... put them together... and stop playing the bad ones?

You crazy, dog

Something like...

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Hagelin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Cullen - Bonino - Bennett
Wilson - Fehr - Rust

Is a pretty decent lineup... Kunitz in the top 6 aside.

We are really lowering the bar for speed if Kuhn brings it.

I've been surprised by his speed on the forecheck a few times. Or maybe he just looks faster than he is because he's pretty tenacious...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Something like...

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Hagelin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Cullen - Bonino - Bennett
Wilson - Fehr - Rust

Is a pretty decent lineup... Kunitz in the top 6 aside.

i like it. Has potential to be very good if the Pens have some luck

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Yeah I think it's clear a couple of these guys (Wilson and Rust specifically) have a great chance of at least being fourth liners. I don't see any reason why those two shouldn't be given spots next year even if one of them is a scratch, with one caveat:

Sounds silly maybe but I'm still waiting and seeing on Wilson. I don't really see any kind of skill set there whatsoever. That said I wouldn't have bet a dime he'd score two games in a row let alone three.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Lets give it some time to see if Wilson scores a few more, or if this was a fluke. If so, I think he's got to get the nod over Sheary. Sheary handles the puck pretty well but he's not going to give you anything in a chip and chase game. I'd rather run Wilson - Fehr - Rust out there.

Ultimately I think you move Bonino for a similarly valued LW who we can put on the 3rd line and groom for top 6 work in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad