Confirmed with Link: Scott Wilson signs with Pens

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I guess we can sort of predict a bunch of guys that Shero might draft then, haha.

Which guys that are going in the rounds the Pens pick, going the NCAA route?

Oh man, I wouldn't even venture to guess. We've got a knack for picking guys way the hell off the board. He might be an unranked kid playing high school hockey in Jersey for all we know. ;)

Fire Shero*

At least he isn't a midget. 6'0 tall. So he has that going for him.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
What is the average age in the CHL, probably straddling 18/19 I guess.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Didn't UMass also have him playing more of a defensive role this year too?

He's been on their PK and their PP for at least last year. I watched their game against Notre Dame and it looked like they were running or trying to run a tight defensive system.

I think Maatta showed that system's can hold back players offensive ability.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
83 points by an extreme over-ager (beating the deadline for a 20/21 yo season by a week) in the OHL is nothing to be impressed by, to put it bluntly. Mitchell is ECHL fodder.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Our college forward prospects are more interesting to me than our CHL forward prospects.

Probably because the bulk of the CHL forward prospects were late round picks with very little chance of ever panning out, while the NCAA prospects at least were selected in the early to middle rounds and have a chance of becoming something.

Fire Shero*

None of us should get excited by a late round draft pick taken by Shero.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is one of those drafts where taking the usual BPA approach is fine, regardless of what position that guy plays for, or hell, even going way off the board is ok.

It's a **** draft.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
This is one of those drafts where taking the usual BPA approach is fine, regardless of what position that guy plays for, or hell, even going way off the board is ok.

It's a **** draft.

**** draft or not, there'll still be some gems to find in the later rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad