The Players' Tribune: Scott Matzka, "It's My Turn Now"

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
So sad

He was a cracking player in his time with the Cardiff devils, I think they're doing some sort of exhibition game or something for him, trying to raise some money

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I really do not know how to handle stories like this. Good read, sad story and a brutal disease.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Somebody close the windows there's dust getting in here causing my eyes to leak.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Wow that was really tough.

Often when I read articles about people being sick they're saying that even though it's tough they're hanging on and taking things a day at a time, and I feel that if I were ever sick like Scott Matzka I wouldn't be able to just accept it. You can tell he's having a hard time with it as well, and I feel that that's a more realistic point of view regarding a terminal illness.

Tough read, but it's good that the road towards stopping ALS isn't stopping dead after all that ice bucket challenge stuff.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
God damn, that was hard to read.

ALS is absolutely brutal. If there is one thing that terrifies me as I start hitting my late twenties and going into my thirties, it's the idea of being hit with ALS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad