Proposal: Scott Laughton + Andrew MacDonald for 2nd + 3rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I dont think there are any illusions about that. He is a $2.5 million defensemen making double that and for another 4 years. His money could easily be spent on a player with a much bigger impact. By 2018 he is probably a healthy scratch if still here at all. He 100% has negative value because of that albatross of a contract.

That may be, but my point is that I don't think the Flyers think he has negative value. Remains to be seen before July 1 here, but MacDonald wasn't waived before the deadline. Maybe he will be before July 1, as it were they did need to use him towards the end of the season, and at times he was getting a lot of ice time which leveled out to about the same usage that he was getting in 2015. People here are under the assumption that they're going to try and dump him by any means necessary, but I just don't think the team views him that way. He isn't a very good NHL player, but went to the Phantoms, didn't make public commotion, played well, had a good attitude, and returned to be made a partner with the prized-peice defenseman. They'll move him if something comes along, not unlike anyone else, but I don't think they're going to move him just to be rid of him like he's last week's trash.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That may be, but my point is that I don't think the Flyers think he has negative value. Remains to be seen before July 1 here, but MacDonald wasn't waived before the deadline. Maybe he will be before July 1, as it were they did need to use him towards the end of the season, and at times he was getting a lot of ice time which leveled out to about the same usage that he was getting in 2015. People here are under the assumption that they're going to try and dump him by any means necessary, but I just don't think the team views him that way. He isn't a very good NHL player, but went to the Phantoms, didn't make public commotion, played well, had a good attitude, and returned to be made a partner with the prized-peice defenseman. They'll move him if something comes along, not unlike anyone else, but I don't think they're going to move him just to be rid of him like he's last week's trash.

That's fair enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad