Scott Kelman : Augusta Lynx/San Antonio Rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Can anyone give me some information on Scott Kelman, how he has done the past few years and where do you think he is going in the next few years (ECHL? AHL? possible NHL?)

I use to live on the same street as him and played hockey with him for 8 years as kids growing up in Winnipeg. I heard that he got injured and had contract squabbles with Phoenix......... can anyone give me any info on him.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well first Scott has to get himself an NHL contract before he can make it there.

But he definitely had a better year in the ECHL, compared to last seasons rookie campaign. I'd say next year he should be able to catch on with an AHL club full time, and that's the first step to getting himself an NHL contract.

He'll no doubt be invited to some NHL team's camp next season, but I'd say that unless he really dazzles them, he wont be able to get himself an NHL deal until he's able to crack the AHL full time and carve out a niche for himself.

I think that the best case scenario for Scott if he keeps working hard is to become a 4th line centerman, maybe a in a Kevyn Adams type of role.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Agree with Brock.

He's got a window of the next few years to establish himself as a regular AHLer. Only then can you really say he's back to coming close to cracking the NHL. Right now, I'd say the odds are slightly against him ever becoming a regular NHLer, but only slightly. This was a good year for him, but only in relation to last year, which was not that impressive a pro debut (that being an average player in the ECHL). On the plus side, he plays a good two-way game and can be somewhat gritty. Those are the type of players who get second chances - especially when you're a former 1st rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad