Scott Hall passes away, 3/14

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Obviously, had a complicated life and legacy, but one hell of a story in how he conquered his demons and was happier the last 8 or 9 years of his life. Had a pretty incredible impact on the industry. Helped guys get paid by becoming a benchmark in WCW. There's no nWo without him, which means a vastly different version of the Monday Night Wars, which butterfly effects a lot of different stuff. Rest in Power.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He got guaranteed money put into wrestling on top of all his accomplishments with starting the hottest angle in wrestling history and influencing basically the entire current landscape of wrestling. He might have had the biggest influence on wrestling from a business perspective for wrestlers in history. From what I recall Nash was leaning towards staying with the WWF and Hall basically said f*** that I'm getting the money. Before that downside guarantees were like 5k a year.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Originally didn't he fall and break his hip or something? Maybe blood clots or some other post-surgery complication, who knows. Kinda sad if a broken hip was the next domino towards death but as previously mentioned at times he lived a hard life and it can take its toll on your body. Hope he pulls through.

Was it a fall? I just assumed the surgery was because of wear and tear from his career.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I was hoping against all odds he would pull through because in my mind he deserved to go out better than this, it feels like he was cheated after everything he persevered

I was rocking my Hey Yo shirt all day and watched the ladder match last night, turns out he passed as I was watching, hope it put out some good energy and he was able to somehow feel how much he was loved, respected and looked up to by so many around the world!

RIP Scott Hall
The Bad Guy 4Life

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That ladder match with Shawn Michaels will always be legendary.

RIP to one of the biggest stars of his day. You'll be missed, Chico.

He got guaranteed money put into wrestling on top of all his accomplishments with starting the hottest angle in wrestling history and influencing basically the entire current landscape of wrestling. He might have had the biggest influence on wrestling from a business perspective for wrestlers in history. From what I recall Nash was leaning towards staying with the WWF and Hall basically said f*** that I'm getting the money. Before that downside guarantees were like 5k a year.

Like Bret Hart said - get in, make as much money as you can and get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: savebyrichter94

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This one hits right in the childhood. I remember watching him on Saturday Morning Superstars as a kid in the early 90s. I became a fan of him and The Undertaker back then.

Say goodbye to the bad guy

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
He was one of those guy who I appreciated more as I got older than I did watching him growing up. Like I didn't hate him or anything, but didn't really love him either. He was just kinda of there.

If it wasn't for DDP we might have had this thread 10+ years ago.

Met him once at a convention once too and he was cool. I had a Bullet Club shirt on and he was telling me how he never thought too sweet would last and continue to be a thing all of these years later it was just a stupid thing those guys did at the time.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This is very sad. I'm glad he had people who loved him and tried to help. Addiction doesn't have an end date.

You aren't just kidding.

I was kidding in my last post, but feeling this out... seriously. I've lost over half my best friends from high school to addiction. I lost my brother to it. There is literally no end date. If you list off the 10 most important people to me in 1998.. only 4 are still alive. My folks and 2 friends who still wrestle with addiction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad