Scott Go... uhm David Desharnais - Part VIII - Superfluous Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
It's about time someone said something about DD on RDS. But that's quickly followed by some more PK bashing from Gaston.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Whitesnake said:
Yep, but the same freakin coach who maybe don't want to lose his job because he alienates his players, might very well feel like he doesn't have a whole lot of friends in the room and that until Max is happy, most of the room is happy. Don't know...I'm brainstorming here....
If he has no problem making PK a better person, he can do the same for Max. :)

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
At least half the posts are people dissing those discussing the ineptitude of having Desharnais as a number one center.

Despite statistical evidence galore showing that he is indeed sucking, despite him being 5-6 with no physical dimension to his game whatsoever..despite him floating much too often and being caught behind the play constantly..posters are supposedly not supposed to get upset about him.

Did Southernhab tag off with Chacal? It's like someone feels the absolute need to put people down for not being satisfied with the complete inadequacy of the club's first line center at every turn.

Yes folks could complain more about other players..fact is..first line-center is the second most important position on this hockey team. The Habs don't have a dman way out in front in TOI..Markov and PK are pretty much equally as valuable..that leave the first-line center spot as the most critical, and thus most scrutinized position. There is nothing too negative to say about the first most important position..and that's the goalie. It only makes sense that the discussion would focus more on the poor play of a first-line center than a third line winger.

For those who don't like people talking about Desharnais..ignore the bloody thread...don't post hundreds of time taking shots at the people who are dissatisfied and classifying them all as Desharnais haters...that's a sweeping generalization completely false.. This doesn't have to be a pissing contest.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I second this..

The big lines were:

1- More of the same (just like last year)
2- No reason to have that production while playing with Max and on the PP.
3- Don't scores enough goals
4- Still work hard, still better than last year
5- Not a 1st center, only there cause Max want him there, would never be on a first line anywhere else
6- Don't shoot enough, compared him to Weise who is higher than him
7- Not big enough to play against the Getzlaf of this world
8- Too predictable, all teams knows DD's shot isn't a treat so the other team concentrate their coverage on Subban and Max

Pretty much what we kept saying for a couple of year now...

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Damphouse said: DD play better than last year ( first 20 games) but he's not productive. Last year he got an ok season, after a really slow start. It's hard to have an ok season when you start slowly like DD. It's the second year that little DD start slowly, it's also happened to me in my career. I hope he can bounce back. He play with the best LW of MTL (pacio). We have the right to ask for more and he can do better.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not really he said he is not producing but he is playing ok and playing good defensively...lol

He just said that DD is off to another slow start, and that it's not good, also that he should be producing more given all the PP time he has and the wingers he plays with.

The big lines were:

5- Not a 1st center, only there cause Max want him there, would never be on a first line anywhere else
8- Too predictable, all teams knows DD's shot isn't a treat so the other team concentrate their coverage on Subban and Max

Thanks guys and yes pretty much what's been said here for a while now.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
The big lines were:

Do you have the video of this please ?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
At least half the posts are people dissing those discussing the ineptitude of having Desharnais as a number one center.

Despite statistical evidence galore showing that he is indeed sucking, despite him being 5-6 with no physical dimension to his game whatsoever..despite him floating much too often and being caught behind the play constantly..posters are supposedly not supposed to get upset about him.

Did Southernhab tag off with Chacal? It's like someone feels the absolute need to put people down for not being satisfied with the complete inadequacy of the club's first line center at every turn.

Yes folks could complain more about other players..fact is..first line-center is the second most important position on this hockey team. The Habs don't have a dman way out in front in TOI..Markov and PK are pretty much equally as valuable..that leave the first-line center spot as the most critical, and thus most scrutinized position. There is nothing too negative to say about the first most important position..and that's the goalie. It only makes sense that the discussion would focus more on the poor play of a first-line center than a third line winger.

For those who don't like people talking about Desharnais..ignore the bloody thread...don't post hundreds of time taking shots at the people who are dissatisfied and classifying them all as Desharnais haters...that's a sweeping generalization completely false.. This doesn't have to be a pissing contest.

Now that's a post. :handclap:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Damphouse said: DD play better than last year ( first 20 games) but he's not productive. Last year he got an ok season, after a really slow star.It's hard to have an ok season when you start slowly like DD. It's the second year that little DD start slowly, it's also happened to me in my career. I hope he can bounce back. He play with the best LW of MTL (pacio). We have the right to ask for more and he can do better.

Sorry for my english.

it was perfectly said

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
People should not be parroting the word logic without having an understanding of the logic in the first place.
Bare minimum, one must comprehend what a statement is.
Statements can be true or false.

Statements can be joined together by a conjunction. The truth or falsity of these statements are lined out in truth tables.

Arguments consist of premises and conclusions.

Arguments can be deductive or inductive. Deductive reasoning involves putting forth premises to prove a conclusion is true or false.

A proper deductive argument must be valid and sound.

So, when Chacal667 parrots his own superior "logic", remember to see if the premises he uses supports his conclusion.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Last year I thought we might be free of DD.

They called up Martin St Pierre.

Then DD went on a hot streak and got himself a stay of execution.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal

Did you see the title of this thread, it is literally an invitation to anyone that want to bash DD, after you ask to not make it a pissing contest ?

I'm not here for that, all I say is that DD have shown that he is capable to produce at a respectable pace and he doesn't deserve all that treatment.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
4 days per DD thread now?

Amazing, we should find a way to make money off of this...

You can make extra money off all the fake trades DD is thrown into by desperate Habs fans in the rumor forum. Every fan from an opposing team acts with similar disgust every time DD's name comes up. This year alone, there well over 15 threads about DD alone on that forum, not counting all the daily threads his name pops up in. It's becoming both predictable and pathetic.

I'm certain most of this stems from MT's stubborn, continued use of DD on the first line, his refusal to split him from Pacioretty and the recurring appointment of DD on the first wave of most PPs.

DD has one of the longest ropes afforded to mediocre stretches on the Habs. Until Therrien continues to use DD in situations calling for more talented or better performing players, dump trade scenarios that include DD will only continue to multiply, even if, they are doomed to fail in HF Land. And who knows, probably even in real life.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Damphouse said: DD play better than last year ( first 20 games) but he's not productive. Last year he got an ok season, after a really slow start. It's hard to have an ok season when you start slowly like DD. It's the second year that little DD start slowly, it's also happened to me in my career. I hope he can bounce back. He play with the best LW of MTL (pacio). We have the right to ask for more and he can do better.

Sorry for my english.

Do you have the video of this please ?

Your translation is just for the first video (Les manchettes des experts). Just click on the following video (Seul le résultat importe). The Desharnais segment starts at 7:00. I don't know why but I just can't find the link in url form. You just have to go on the RDS website (video section).

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Your translation is just for the first video (Les manchettes des experts). Just click on the following video (Seul le résultat importe). The Desharnais segment starts at 7:00. I don't know why but I just can't find the link in url form. You just have to go on the RDS website (video section).

Thank you !

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Did you see the title of this thread, it is literally an invitation to anyone that want to bash DD, after you ask to not make it a pissing contest ?

I'm not here for that, all I say is that DD have shown that he is capable to produce at a respectable pace and he doesn't deserve all that treatment.

To be fair you go a bit further than that. You said we could win the Stanley Cup with DD and Plekanec as our number 1 and number 2 Centers respectively. That's pretty controversial if you ask me.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Btw, Desharnais is 53rd in the league among centermen for TOI per game. It's not like he's used as a true #1 C. Therrien is well aware that he's no Crosby nor Getzlaf. Habs are going centerman by committee more than anything else. Even if I'm in favour of trying Pacioretty with other players, I seriously doubt Eller does a whole lot more with more offensive minutes. It's one thing to like big players, it's another to project Eller as some form of offensive catalyst. DD has shown he can be better than that in the past. Going through a tough stretch, happens to everybody. Btw, it's the same everywhere around the league. The coach in L.A. gives the 12th most ES minutes and 9th total minutes to his 22 year old leading scorer. Not saying I'm in favor of that, just saying whoever you bring in as a coach there will always be stuff to scratch your head. Btw, Habs' first line is among the league leaders in +/-. So, yes it could be quite a bit worse.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Chacal - you are bashing posters...they are bashing Desharnsais. Yes..that makes it a pissing contest. You are getting more and more personal..acting like he's your bloody brother or something.

Yes DD does deserve "treatment"..a lot of treatment....he's not playing well!! Bourque is "capable" of scoring 27 goal again..Desharnais is "capable" of getting 60 points again..but every realistic person knows it ain't gonna happen.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
To be fair you go a bit further than that. You said we could win the Stanley Cup with DD and Plekanec as our number 1 and number 2 Centers respectively. That's pretty controversial if you ask me.

you can replace DD with Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf or who you want, it doesn't assure us to win the cup, I think if your strengths at the other positions are good enough you don't need at all cost a player of that calibur on your first offensive line.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Chacal - you are bashing posters...they are bashing Desharnsais. Yes..that makes it a pissing contest. You are getting more and more personal..acting like he's your bloody brother or something.

Yes DD does deserve "treatment"..a lot of treatment....he's not playing well!! Bourque is "capable" of scoring 27 goal again..Desharnais is "capable" of getting 60 points again..but every realistic person knows it ain't gonna happen.

How you know it is only his third season in the nhl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad