Scotiabank Place Parking/Traffic

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Alright! So I'm headed to my first game of the season tonight! I work in the Palladium Campus (Right infront of Scotiabank Place) so I get free parking! I live all the way in Orleans however. -.- My question is, do you guys feel it's worth it to drive all the way back down here around 6-6:30 or should I take the bus?

How bad is traffic out of Scotiabank Place/Kanata after the games? Is it like a Zoo?

Thanks in advance!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Alright! So I'm headed to my first game of the season tonight! I work in the Palladium Campus (Right infront of Scotiabank Place) so I get free parking! I live all the way in Orleans however. -.- My question is, do you guys feel it's worth it to drive all the way back down here around 6-6:30 or should I take the bus?

How bad is traffic out of Scotiabank Place/Kanata after the games? Is it like a Zoo?

Thanks in advance!

Don't bother going home.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I usually grab a drink at the Local Heroes pub.

Better than sitting in the lot.

If you take the bus, they leave relatively soon after the game.

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I agree with that point, but I'm done work at 3:30 with nothing really to do... So I wanted to go home and grab my jersey/grab a bite to eat so I don't spend 20 bucks on a pizza and beer.

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I usually grab a drink at the Local Heroes pub.

Better than sitting in the lot.

If you take the bus, they leave relatively soon after the game.

My parking lot (work parking lot) will be pretty empty, so the biggest issue would be what happens when I get ONTO Palladium drive.. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to get onto it, no idea what to expect traffic wise!

What time does the parking lot usually clear up?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I agree with that point, but I'm done work at 3:30 with nothing really to do... So I wanted to go home and grab my jersey/grab a bite to eat so I don't spend 20 bucks on a pizza and beer.

Take your jersey to work with you, and have a good night out.

You're going to blow at least $10 in gas just getting to Orleans in gas money. Might as well spend another $10 and enjoy it rather than being stuck in gridlock.

Just my opinion, though.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
My parking lot (work parking lot) will be pretty empty, so the biggest issue would be what happens when I get ONTO Palladium drive.. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to get onto it, no idea what to expect traffic wise!

What time does the parking lot usually clear up?

This year has actually been a bit better, they have finally started to control the lights (or so it seems)...

Past few games I've been out in about 10 minutes after getting to my car, so I'd say by half an hour after the game it should be clearing up...

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Take your jersey to work with you, and have a good night out.

You're going to blow at least $10 in gas just getting to Orleans in gas money. Might as well spend another $10 and enjoy it rather than being stuck in gridlock.

Just my opinion, though.

Good call. I think I'll either stay in Kanata, or end up taking the OC Transpo if I do go back to Orleans and trek it all the way back. I'd have to get my buddy to pick up my jersey and bring it to Kanata in that case...

Evil Crow

Jul 18, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to the new bus exit ramp the Sens/City announced a couple of year ago? I thought it was supposed to be a go for this season?

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON

Is there anything to stop you from staying at work and dicking around on the internet for a few hours? Maybe grab dinner from the Sobey's on Terry Fox and making use of your staff kitchen?

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Whatever you do, if you bail out of the game early (before the 3 stars), you're a loser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad