Scoring trouble

Icklejabob

Dec 28, 2018
I can’t for the life of me figure out why I suck so bad at scoring. Through 160 games, basically all of my stats are dominant. I play keep away very well, keep games low scoring with good defense, play along the boards well, I pass an average of 121 passes per game with over 80% accuracy, and average close to 9 minutes TOA. BUT, there are just so many games where I put so much pressure on and have nothing to show for it, and then my opponent walks into the zone, gives a wrist shot from the point, and scores (on like their 5th shot of the game). Game ends 1-0. I go streaks of 4-5 games without scoring a goal, even though I triple or even quadruple my opponents TOA. I feel like I’m doing so many things right, yet am missing something fundamental. It gets me so frustrated but I can’t stop playing. Does anyone have any tips to get my scoring going?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Your problem is that you're trying to play hockey. All you have to do to score goals is cross through the middle and shoot back against the grain. Either way works, lefties go high glove, righties go high blocker and they always go in. At least 50% chance to score.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Play your lefties on the right side and rightes on the left.

Constantly do one timers through the middle of the ice or use the pullback wrister for wingers on their off sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad