Scoring paces (per 82 games played)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
just seems like it then i guess. spezza passing less maybe :naughty: Milan isnt getting his shot like he use and imo he barely culd even get the puck when he was with ryan and spezza.

Cause Spezza is not establishing as much offensive zone time which doesn't give him chance to make a lot of passes and shots.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Spezza's puck possession numbers this year are his worst since he entered the league. Normally he is top 5 on the team in that regard. That's a huge decline.

A lot of people says Spezza needs better wingers but he isn't giving himself as much room as he used too, wingers help or not. Lately he has been picking it up so it will be interesting to see moving forward.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Cause Spezza is not establishing as much offensive zone time which doesn't give him chance to make a lot of passes and shots.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Spezza's puck possession numbers this year are his worst since he entered the league. Normally he is top 5 on the team in that regard. That's a huge decline.

A lot of people says Spezza needs better wingers but he isn't giving himself as much room as he used too, wingers help or not. Lately he has been picking it up so it will be interesting to see moving forward.

Better wingers or consistent wingers ? Spezza can carry a line himself but he can't if every time he turns to make a pass he doesn't know who he's playing with. So far that I can recall greening! Michalek, Zibanejad, Ryan, Conacher, Neil, Smith, Condra, And Grant. People wonder why ? So much for developing chemistry

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He lost his blazing speed. That's his forte, his thing, his main asset, his bread and butter. What if Ovechkin lost his shot? What if Semin did? What if Patty Kane lost his stickhandling? (I know those are harder to lose than speed, but that's not the point)

It's his main thing, and he seems to have lost it.

I agree that he can still be an effective forward. But not on the first line (which is what he's paid to do at the moment, and the situation he's supposed to be put in), and I'm asking himself what he can do on the second line as well. (Maybe a bit of a stretch). But at this point I'd just prefer someone else to take his role. People come and go right? Maybe it's just time to let go of him, and the timing seems good with his contract expiring soon.

Well, I agree with all that. But we need to finish the year with what we have, or maybe if we are really out of the playoffs picture at the deadline (won't be enough IMO), we'll trade him as a rental

However, we need to really admit that the Turris line is the 1st line this year for all kind of reasons and chemistry is the biggest one. So :

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Grant-Neil
Kassian

Sucks that Zibanejad isn't a winger really because I would slot him on Spezza line

I'm hoping we can make a trade and move out Greening and another forward (maybe Michalek? to even out salaries) to bring that veteran D-man "stabilizator". Hoffman, Stone, Petersson, Da Costa, Pageau, Schneider, JOB... A lot of forwards we can call up and would not look out of place. We can afford to move forwards.

Greening + Michalek for Campbell? Would it work?

Maybe, maybe not. But he has 3 goals. So even if he gets more assists than goals, he won't even be hitting 20 goals at this pace. That's not enough, let's not kid ourselves. Especially not at that price tag!

I know, just another player on the list of Sens players underachieving. Let's see if he (and they) can turn it around a bit.

He's being paid 6M in actual dollars this season.

Which is the sucky part of the contract (well, just for the poor teams lol), but who would give good value in that case? Has to be a big contract (or cap hit) coming back

just seems like it then i guess. spezza passing less maybe :naughty: Milan isnt getting his shot like he use and imo he barely culd even get the puck when he was with ryan and spezza.

Actually, I am a bit disappointed by Spezza playmaking so far this year, doesn't provide as much scoring chances as he normally does (mainly because Spezza lines spend too much in their zone). Imagine a Turris line and Spezza line firing on all cylinders, would be great to see :(

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Surprisingly, scoring isn't a problem for the sens this year, its the other end that needs improvement.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Absolutely dreadful bottom 6 scoring...

Or even elite level scoring. Turris is where he's at and should continue to be, Spezza is 15-20 points off where he should be.

Looooool @ Michalek.

I expect huge 2nd halves from Spezza and Milo(Actually I don't but I highly doubt he isn't gonna try to perform well for paycheck seeing as it could be last of his career)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

injury factors into a lot of this.
nvm, old thread

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I would be really pleased if we could start the season with the team we had to end the season. I know one of the popular issues is adding another top 4 D, but I'm OK with the names, if not the play, of the guys we have now. Such a shame if we lose Hemsky, we got to see two legitimate top lines and to think how much better it would have been with Ryan in the line-up. Add to that Stone and Hoff and Zib getting better. A lot to get excited about.

Such scoring across the roster, not a lot of teams have that many twenty goal scorers. I would not be surprised to see the Sens flirt with ten guys scoring twenty goals, if they could sign Hemmer and stay healthy (that's 70's Bruins kind of balance!). If they could do that and play some D? That'd be a very good team.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
lol at karlsson hitting his projected numbers after 41 games

Karlsson is, as the game thread jokers know, really consistent. Obligatory assist is the joke, but how great is it that he never went into any sort of prolonged slump or slide all season. That's a real credit to him and something that maybe goes a little underappreciated. He's kinda like Spezza that way, and it's a mark of the better players, that when he is having an off night he can still find a way to manufacture a goal for the good guys. It's kind of like that, in baseball, difference between a guy who hits .300 and a guy who hits .250 - getting one blooper single more during the week. In the end, it adds up.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
It bums me out that although we were above average in goal scoring, that we need to be even higher in that regard to be a contender. Cup contenders have it all including top scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad