Scoring Chances last 30 games

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Scoring chance stat is used to filter out all perimeter low-quality shots and is usually defined as a shot attempt from a high scoring zone:

Scoring_Area.jpg

Scoring Chance For percentage(SCF%) is defined as SCFor/(SCFor+SCAgainst). i.e. SCF%=50% means the team allows same number scoring chances as it produces.

So, in the past 30 games Senators have the best SCF% in the league with 54.3% :amazed:

bUzFhbe.png

Basically one can claim that in the past 30 games(or since 12 games into Cameron's tenure) Sens have been the most dominant team in the league. And that includes tough Western trip and 50-50 home/road games split.

Note, this stat doesn't have much to do with Hammond emergence. It's about team play in the first place. But you add great goalie performance and you get well-deserved 14-2-2 streak.

mind_blown.gif

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Scoring chance stat is used to filter out all perimeter low-quality shots and is usually defined as a shot attempt from a high scoring zone:

Scoring_Area.jpg

Scoring Chance For percentage(SCF%) is defined as SCF/SCA. i.e. SCF%=50% means the team allows same number scoring chances as it produces.

So, in the past 30 games Senators have the best SCF% in the league with 54.3% :amazed:

bUzFhbe.png

Basically one can claim that in the past 30 games(or since 12 games into Cameron's tenure) Sens have been the most dangerous team in the league. And that includes tough Western trip and 50-50 home/road games split.

Note, this stat doesn't have much to do with Hammond emergence. It's about team play in the first place. But you add great goalie performance and you get well-deserved 14-2-2 streak.

mind_blown.gif

That looks like a screenshot from War-on-ice. Their scoring chance definition is a bit different as it uses shot location data combined with some other stuff like whether the shot is a rush shot or a reboud (within 3 secs of a block, miss or save).

http://blog.war-on-ice.com/new-defining-scoring-chances/

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Still think were prone to some major gaffs on defense both from the forwards and d. Maybe we get a lot of average scoring chances and then we give up 3 great scoring chances. We gave up a breakaway in the first period of 3-5 games for a stretch.

It also confirms to an extent what i said about lehner letting in a lot of non scoring chances and the sens forwards not converting on opportunities. I think as the players get more experienced we can rely on them more to finish.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea, I mean... Cameron deserves enormous credit but Stone's PPG second half, Karlsson's Norris second half, Hoffman's second half explosion, Ryan and Zibanejad's huge 2nd halves and......................... most importantly.......... Methot coming back(!!!!!!!) all have lead to this huge turnaround.

Not to mention Pageau and Condra being stabilized on our lineups.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Yea, I mean... Cameron deserves enormous credit but Stone's PPG second half, Karlsson's Norris second half, Hoffman's second half explosion, Ryan and Zibanejad's huge 2nd halves and......................... most importantly.......... Methot coming back(!!!!!!!) all have lead to this huge turnaround.

I agree, but you just mentioned 8 players responsible for the turnaround. When it's almost half the team...it's coaching. Culture, systems, whatever, the entire team feels better about themselves. That and natural progression of young players.

I'm so reminded of when Jacques Martin came in half way through the year to coach a young, directionless, ragtag team. You could see they were getting better and the next year they took a large step forward.

BigBush*

So Ottawa dominating in scoring chances over the last few months is the reason for their dominant record.

Who woulda thought :)

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

There's a reason that Stone, Hoffman, Pageau and Condra were so big for us: it's because Dave Cameron gave them ice time. MacLean wouldn't play Pageau (so Murray kept him in Bingo), wouldn't give Stone much more than 16 minutes/game, wouldn't give Hoffman more than 12 minutes/game, and scratched Condra every other game. It's no coincidence that all those guys broke out AFTER MacLean was out of here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad