Scoring by committee

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I find it interesting how this team year in and year out can win this way without a "go to guy" offensively. I remember in the NBA before playoffs started and they said the ATL hawks couldn't win without a star player, well we have stats but no go to guy on offense and won the presidents trophy and now made it to back to back east finals. Rangers only have 2 guys in the top 30, brassard is 17th with 8 points and Stepan is 21st with 8 as well. Can this last? The other 3 teams have guys like stamkos, perry & Getzlaf, Kane & toews who all lead their teams in scoring, actually 9 of the top 10 scorers are on TB CHI ANA.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I find it interesting how this team year in and year out can win this way without a "go to guy" offensively. I remember in the NBA before playoffs started and they said the ATL hawks couldn't win without a star player, well we have stats but no go to guy on offense and won the presidents trophy and now made it to back to back east finals. Rangers only have 2 guys in the top 30, brassard is 17th with 8 points and Stepan is 21st with 8 as well. Can this last? The other 3 teams have guys like stamkos, perry & Getzlaf, Kane & toews who all lead their teams in scoring, actually 9 of the top 10 scorers are on TB CHI ANA.

The bold is pretty scary out of context.

That said, each series plays out differently. The Rangers to date have been involved in two low scoring series.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
The bold is pretty scary out of context.

That said, each series plays out differently. The Rangers to date have been involved in two low scoring series.

That can't last if we want to win the cup, best regular season scoring team is Tampa and the 2 best west scoring teams are out west. We won't be winning 2-1 or 3-2 games going forward, we'll have to score 4 goals a game most likely. Paging stlouis and Nash

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
That can't last if we want to win the cup, best regular season scoring team is Tampa and the 2 best west scoring teams are out west. We won't be winning 2-1 or 3-2 games going forward, we'll have to score 4 goals a game most likely. Paging stlouis and Nash

I don't see Tampa trapping, so the Rangers will have a lot more open ice.

Then again, I said the same thing against the Caps, so who knows.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Can't believe we got here with a grand total of 2 goals from MSL and Nash.

That has to change if we want to get to the SCF

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I don't see Tampa trapping, so the Rangers will have a lot more open ice.

Then again, I said the same thing against the Caps, so who knows.

Tampa dominated us in the regular season and their offense is scary, we have a better D than Montreal but we win 8 out of the next 14 without Nash & MSL putting up more points. Imagine if Marty was playing like he did in the playoffs last year and Nash was scoring like he did in the regular season? We'd be scary offensively with guys like miller Hayes and fast stepping up

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015

I'm only looking @ Tampa right now:

- Tampa was shut out twice in the 1st round by Detroit. Almost 3 times, but Tyler went berserker mode at the end of Game 4.

- We also have better D and a better Goaltender than Detroit.

- Habs over-achieved this year. I'm not surprised they got handled. We have a better D than them, too. Their star D-man Subban is a turnover machine.

- Last time we played Tampa was almost half a year ago.....in 2014. We're a different, better team now.

- We should be able to work a bit more off the fast break or find more stretch passes against Tampa than we did against the Caps. More Goals for the Rangers (I hope)

- We've been here before. Lots of experience this deep into the PO.

I'm optimistic going into this. At worst, I think it's anyone's series.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm only looking @ Tampa right now:

- Tampa was shut out twice in the 1st round by Detroit. Almost 3 times, but Tyler went berserker mode at the end of Game 4.

- We also have better D and a better Goaltender than Detroit.

- Habs over-achieved this year. I'm not surprised they got handled. We have a better D than them, too. Their star D-man Subban is a turnover machine.

- Last time we played Tampa was almost half a year ago.....in 2014. We're a different, better team now.

- We should be able to work a bit more off the fast break or find more stretch passes against Tampa than we did against the Caps. More Goals for the Rangers (I hope)

- We've been here before. Lots of experience this deep into the PO.

I'm optimistic going into this. At worst, I think it's anyone's series.

The Rangers played Tampa three times in two weeks back around Thanksgiving. This is a completely different team now.

Also, the only game they completely dominated the Rangers was the first one, where Hank was bad. Really bad.

The second game in Tampa, IIRC, the Rangers took a 3-2 lead and looked good. Then the refs showed up and took the game away.

I don't think Tampa is going to clog the game up as much as Pittsburgh and Washington did.

They're good, but I don't think they're necessarily as good as advertised. That said, any of the remaining four teams could win the whole thing and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The Ducks played against Pavelec and Ramo... Not surprising that they scored so much in the first two rounds. Still not sold on them being miles above the Rangers or Tampa like the West is Best fanboys are saying. Goaltending in the West is pretty meh compared to the goaltending in the East.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Scoring by committee is both good and bad. It's great that we have offensive depth, but you don't see many teams go the distance without one or two guys really stepping up with big offensive showings. Hopefully Nash actually does what he's capable of, or a guy like Kreider emerges.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Tampa to me is the hardest matchup. Very good team. If we get by Tampa, i think we win the cup no matter who we play out west.

just my 2 cents.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Tampa smoked us out the entire year, in 4 games we couldn't win one. Now, that was earlier in the season and nothing after December. I said we would lose to TBL because they've had our number, but maybe we get lucky here in this series here.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Tampa smoked us out the entire year, in 4 games we couldn't win one. Now, that was earlier in the season and nothing after December. I said we would lose to TBL because they've had our number, but maybe we get lucky here in this series here.

It was three, and the games were played over a two-week span around Thanksgiving.

Neither team is the same now. All that showed was that Tampa was a better team in that microschedule than the Rangers.

The three games were played before the Rangers went on their last 60 game tear.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York

The first game was the only one I'd call absolutely bad (had a whopping 16 SOG). We actually held a lead in the last 2 games before TB kicked on the last 30 minutes. We came closest to winning in the road game (2nd) and McDonagh was injured at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad