Score Rumor: Bertuzzi in, Crosby out (Can Olympic roster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
canuckers88 said:
its a sad day for hockey, its a sad day for hockey,that the dirtiest player in the game is on this team.

Since when did Ric Flair play Hockey?

lehtsrock

burnlikestars said:
Hockey needs the game to be promoted, Crosby brings the attention, no way he gets left off.

Whether he should be left of or not is up for debate, but hockey needs to be showcased and the Crosby hype train is the vehicle to get it done.

They need to promote hockey in Canada? I thought that stuff ran through their blood on an hourly basis. :sarcasm:

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
i'm appalled that Hockey Canada would reward a thug who chased a smaller player all over the ice then sucker-punched him & broke his neck.

think of all the ads they buy on TV (that our local league fees go to pay for) that promoted sportsmanship. what a crock!

how do we teach our kids or young players right from wrong when you can pull a Bertuzzi and then get named to the Olympic team?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
LannysStach said:
i'm appalled that Hockey Canada would reward a thug who chased a smaller player all over the ice then sucker-punched him & broke his neck.

think of all the ads they buy on TV (that our local league fees go to pay for) that promoted sportsmanship. what a crock!

how do we teach our kids or young players right from wrong when you can pull a Bertuzzi and then get named to the Olympic team?

As Kevin Lowe said: ''As Canadians we can forgive and forget.'' :)

Ice

Feb 13, 2004
canuckers88 said:
its a sad day for hockey, its a sad day for hockey,that the dirtiest player in the game is on this team.

I thought Hatcher was on the US team.

fastfeet*

boredmale said:
although i didn't think they would pick him, i was worried they might go let's make him the 13th player for the experience route.

problem with picking him is you will have the whole country hating him because they feel there are more deserving players.

Bertuzzi is more deserving?

fastfeet*

LannysStach said:

All we can do is don't watch it

Transported Upstater

sveiglar said:
Canada is not concerned with promoting the game, they're concerned with winning a gold medal. Crosby shouldn't be there.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

espo*

Ola said:
Ryan Smyth?
nah..........Ulf Samuelson.You remember that puke eh? ah right.............he's from the wrong continent,those guys dirty tricks don't count of course.

Ah the Euros...............................ever selective in their memories.

not that we care what any of you think of any of our players.We don't play hockey to make friends with you guys.Smack some more ankles Ryan!! go get em!!

espo*

Hasbro said:
:rolleyes:
Of course Canadians choose to exercise their perogative on a case by case basis.
Bertuzzi can go throw Derian Hatchers grandmother in front of a train as long as he scores goals for us in turin.

espo*

davemess said:
Yeah but famous for what, it aint his hockey ability thats for sure.

Its not as if Canada are Belarus and need to get every NHLer they can find, if they dont take Bertuzzi they can take somebody almost as good who hasnt had so much awful press.
The press? Who cares what they think?

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Canada made the right decision in keeping Crosby out, however they could've done better than Todd Bertuzzi (a good player but given his past, I can't believe he's gotten this much of a chance).

It only makes sense for Crosby to make his Olympic debut in Vancouver 2010.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I feel Hockey Canada didn't want to feel media blitz if they put either Crosby, Staal, or Spezza in Burtuzzi's place and leave the other two off.

This might be a little early by the way the NHL season is going is Crosby going to be considered for the World Championship in April? Because some Canada's top players will be in the playoffs

LoonieToon

Nov 15, 2005
Absolut said:
So, did Ovechkin make team Canada? :sarcasm:
A better question is: would Ovechkin have made team Canada if he were well... Canadian? Personally, I'd be thrilled to see him on the big team. Too bad he's Russian. (I mean too bad for me, lucky for the Russkies).

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
burnlikestars said:
I made my post mostly after reading what Buccigross said in his mailbag.,which I think he is right on this one. He says,

The NHL participates in the Olympics to market its players and grow its game. The telecast of Canada's 5-2 victory over the United States for the gold medal in 2002 drew a 10.7 rating, the highest for any hockey game, NHL or Olympics, since the 1980 Olympics. Now that NBC has the NHL package, it will heavily promote NHL hockey and upcoming games during the Olympics. Sidney Crosby is a key part of the NHL's marketing strategy. The NHL wants him at the Olympics. NBC wants him at the Olympics. He will be at the Olympics.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=2265269

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:biglaugh:

What an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad