Injury Report: Schwartz School of Medicine: Prof. Perunovich Proctors The Sundqvist Assessment Test (22-23 Injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
In an utterly shocking turn of events the NHL Iron Man Krug is injured. Buch and Saad expected to play tomorrow.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I wonder what the over/under is on how soon he has to come back out
at least he has the heart to try to play through it
At this point if there any teams remotely interested in trading for him as has been rumored/reported/speculated I'd scratch him for trade reasons.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Anyone know anything about Thomas not playing?

Is his season done? When was he injured? I know it's an UBI, but because I'm in the last week of my semester I haven't been able to watch any games...

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Thanks for that. Doing final projects and cramming for midterms (how is it a mid term in the final week of classes?) has killed my free time...

I'm in the midst of playing in my hockey pool playoffs semi-finals. Given we're limited to 7 call-ups a week the decision to send him down to free up my IR slot is non-trivial.

If there's a chance Thomas plays next week, it's worth the IR spot to gain a "free" player add when he's healthy.

But, if they shut him down, I need to open the spot up for someone else going day to day, to maximize my shot at my first title in 7 years in this dynasty pool.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Thanks for that. Doing final projects and cramming for midterms (how is it a mid term in the final week of classes?) has killed my free time...

I'm in the midst of playing in my hockey pool playoffs semi-finals. Given we're limited to 7 call-ups a week the decision to send him down to free up my IR slot is non-trivial.

If there's a chance Thomas plays next week, it's worth the IR spot to gain a "free" player add when he's healthy.

But, if they shut him down, I need to open the spot up for someone else going day to day, to maximize my shot at my first title in 7 years in this dynasty pool.
Good luck with your midterms! What ya wanna be when you grow up?!?

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Good luck with your midterms! What ya wanna be when you grow up?!?
Done with postsecondary 🤣

The plan was definitely not to be back at university in my 30s getting a degree (for context, I spent the last decade+ doing transportation, industrial and construction work - my lungs have deteriorated to the point where I can't do any of that any more, I'm trying to get a diagnosis for what I suspect is COPD).

I'm taking a BSc in Geography, following up with a B. eD and looking to teach. Probably going to follow up with a masters in education another 5ish years down the road.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Done with postsecondary 🤣

The plan was definitely not to be back at university in my 30s getting a degree (for context, I spent the last decade+ doing transportation, industrial and construction work - my lungs have deteriorated to the point where I can't do any of that any more, I'm trying to get a diagnosis for what I suspect is COPD).

I'm taking a BSc in Geography, following up with a B. eD and looking to teach. Probably going to follow up with a masters in education another 5ish years down the road.
Nice! I was a geography minor in a previous life. Sorry about your lungs though.

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Nice! I was a geography minor in a previous life. Sorry about your lungs though.

The lung damage isn't ideal, but man have I seen a lot earning it. I've also managed to acquire some shoulder, knee, back and hip damage along the way and lost hearing in my right ear under 75dB across 3/6 ranges.

Did electrical construction work on a water treatment plant in Dawson City in the Yukon Territories. Did some oilfield work in Saskatchewan in the Canadian Prairies, moved furniture all around BC and Alberta. Did some training out in Winnipeg and worked the rail lines for a bit in northern BC. 14 years of life experience and adventure.

Worked outside in both +45c and -53c (-68c windchill factors). So -63f (-90f with windchill) to 113f. That with second hand smoke exposure, asbestos, fibre insulation, chemical fumes, prolonged wood dust exposure, pneumonia, recurring bronchitis and a handful of other workplace exposures in my early 20s have taken their toll.

I've driven and worked in a good portion of Western Canada, kayaked, hiked, rock climbed and camped in places people have never heard of. Northern lights check. Explored a glacial ice cave before it collapsed.

Won't say it's been worth it presently, but I don't regret the experiences I picked up and the places I never would have seen otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad