Schroeder and Dalpe not qualified

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
VAN will not be qualifying Jordan Schroeder or Zac Dalpe. Both go to UFA.
@tsnbobmckenzie

Well, that's the end of that. I do wish they'd qualified both and tried to slip them through waivers to play on the Comets. They're good depth, if nothing else, and proved they could play at that level at the very least.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Great use of a 4th round pick on Dalpe...Canuck pro scouting at its finest.

Had hoped for more from Schroeder and still think he will be a decent pro somewhere...even if he has to work on his game overseas somewhere and come back.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I think Dalpe actually had more promise at times last season than Schroeder. Didn't really get much of a chance to string together some good games, even when he did score. Obviously not a 4th liner but was used there the whole year. Hard to look good there on an already bad team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Great use of a 4th round pick on Dalpe...Canuck pro scouting at its finest.

Had hoped for more from Schroeder and still think he will be a decent pro somewhere...even if he has to work on his game overseas somewhere and come back.

Dalpe is a weird one.

Solid guy who was pretty good along the boards with a good shot, and one of our only players with a shooting mentality. On a team with no wingers that could score, you'd think he would have been worth a try on the wing to see what we had.

Instead he was buried playing 5 minutes/game all year as the #4 center with garbage linemates and no opportunity to show anything.

I don't know if it was a pro scouting failure as much as a disconnect between coaching and management/scouting. Wasted asset/player in any case.

Our pro scouts killed it last year with the Stanton/Santorelli/Richardson acquisitions for nothing, so I have a hard time criticizing them for this one given the circumstances.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I think Dalpe actually had more promise at times last season than Schroeder. Didn't really get much of a chance to string together some good games, even when he did score. Obviously not a 4th liner but was used there the whole year. Hard to look good there on an already bad team.

Still cheaper than Pahlsson

Dalpe is a weird one.

Solid guy who was pretty good along the boards with a good shot, and one of our only players with a shooting mentality. On a team with no wingers that could score, you'd think he would have been worth a try on the wing to see what we had.

Instead he was buried playing 5 minutes/game all year as the #4 center with garbage linemates and no opportunity to show anything.

I don't know if it was a pro scouting failure as much as a disconnect between coaching and management/scouting. Wasted asset/player in any case.

Our pro scouts killed it last year with the Stanton/Santorelli/Richardson acquisitions for nothing, so I have a hard time criticizing them for this one given the circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Dalpe...I just didn't see the use in spending as asset on a player they weren't going to try and utilize and make something of.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Just another bust for our scouts.

Any chance Benning replaces most of our scouting staff now?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Just another bust for our scouts.

Any chance Benning replaces most of our scouting staff now?

Considering that our pro scouts found an absolute gem in Santo who Benning is letting walk for nothing, I'm not sure that I want him to replace our scouts with his guys

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Who WASN'T happy with the Schroeder pick back then? Goes to show internet reactions to the draft means ****.

And the Dalpe trade was OK, he did show some flashes but he's caught in that in-between zone where he's not consistent enough for the Top 6 but not nitty-gritty enough for a bottom 6.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I liked the Schroeder pick at the time. When he slipped I thought maybe we'd picked up a steal considering where he was once ranked pre draft. Too bad it never worked out.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Who WASN'T happy with the Schroeder pick back then? Goes to show internet reactions to the draft means ****.

And the Dalpe trade was OK, he did show some flashes but he's caught in that in-between zone where he's not consistent enough for the Top 6 but not nitty-gritty enough for a bottom 6.

I was ecstatic to get Schroeder when we did...Personally I think we ruined his development as an offensive player.

Why did we trade for Dalpe if he had no place on this team?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I was ecstatic to get Schroeder when we did...Personally I think we ruined his development as an offensive player.

Why did we trade for Dalpe if he had no place on this team?

Different management now with a different philosophy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad