• Cory Shneider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonathan Quick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iambort

Oct 7, 2014
I've got a 20 team deep keeper pool on the go. Points league. We have 2 goalie roster spots, but several bench spots and I can work in a 3rd goalie often. I went a little heavy in the draft and got goalies in the first two rounds of the draft, so I currently have 3 starters, with Cory Schneider (my keeper), Lundqvist and Craig Anderson. I also just picked up Pickard, who i'll keep until Philly's other goalies come back.

I've been offered Jonathan Quick (IR) for Cory Schneider.

Leaning towards taking it, since Quick is probably a better long-term keeper than Schneider, given the presence of Kinkaid in NJ. Age & quality of team seem to be similar. Quick obviously has the concerns about the torn meniscus surgery and being out for 8 months.

What do you guys think?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I've got a 20 team deep keeper pool on the go. Points league. We have 2 goalie roster spots, but several bench spots and I can work in a 3rd goalie often. I went a little heavy in the draft and got goalies in the first two rounds of the draft, so I currently have 3 starters, with Cory Schneider (my keeper), Lundqvist and Craig Anderson. I also just picked up Pickard, who i'll keep until Philly's other goalies come back.

Leaning towards taking it, since Quick is probably a better long-term keeper than Schneider, given the presence of Kinkaid in NJ. Age & quality of team seem to be similar. Quick obviously has the concerns about the torn meniscus surgery and being out for 8 months.

What do you guys think?
Pick up Greiss fast!!!

iambort

Oct 7, 2014
Greiss? Him and most other backups in our league are already owned... Didn't really answer the Quick-Schneider question

The NHL Rant

Mar 7, 2007

What do you guys think?

I'm also leaning Quick here, but only because he's your 4th string. I've had high hopes for Schneider two seasons in a row and it's never panned out. He's not terrible, but unfortunately appears to not be developing as well as expected. Quick has proven that he's an A1+ goalie, and they're almost exactly the same age too. You may not get much out of Quick this season, but the same can be said for Schneider. Looking forward, Quick has far higher point potential with age-related regression being a push between them (non-factor) due to their near identical ages.

The only thing I'd worry about with Quick is his health, but again, he's not one of your two starters so a far better stash than Schneider at this point in their respective careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad