Schneider and/or Holtby in Game 2?

Schneider and/or Holtby in Game 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
The thing is, both are the backups for their teams, playing because their starters are struggling. Now I think Holtby has a better chance of getting in, because he hasn't been as bad as Schneider has. I think Grubauer will get another shot, and I think Kinkaid will too, only because they just can't trust Schneider at this point.

Reactions: Boothinator

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Tampa is too good for New Jersey. They would need Hasek to have a chance.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I've not followed or watched the caps closely all year but it's crazy to see Holtby not starting

I wouldn't say Holtby had the reigns in Washington as strongly as Price in Montreal....but it wasn't far off. And he's not even playing in playoffs. Price had an abysmal year (way worst) and if Habs were somehow in the playoffs 100% sure he starts.

I didn't really follow Caps closely enough to say for sure he *should* start - just saying i'm shocked.

If I had to guess - Holtby starts game 2. Schneider....maybe game 3.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Alex Lyon for Game 3 in Philly if Elliott sucks again tonight.

As for this I’d go Holtby and Kinkaid.
I can't see Lyon getting in. He may be the 4th option at this point.

I didn't see the Lightning game, but u definitely don't think Grubauer was at fault.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Two tap-in goals and one snipe. Only questionable goal is Panarin's.

Eh I didn't like the one through Grub's legs either, even though it's a tap in. Goaltending today is more about surface area and not allowing gaps/holes and by that standard it didn't look good

I know this will sound weird, but if the Caps played Pitt I think Grub was the right choice. But any other team? Holtby has played well...so slightly surprised at the Game 1 starter

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Went with Option 4. Both starting goalies for the Caps and Devils get the start in Game 2.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Cory's lost something like 11 straight at this point.

As long as KK is healthy, he's playing.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's comical that the Capitals are benching propably the only player on their roster who actually steps up his game for the Playoffs.

Last edited:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Didn't vote because I didn't watch the Caps' game but the Kinkaid did nothing to suggest that Schneider would be a better option yesterday. The first goal was the only one he had a chance on and even that one wasn't on him.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Eh I didn't like the one through Grub's legs either, even though it's a tap in. Goaltending today is more about surface area and not allowing gaps/holes and by that standard it didn't look good

I know this will sound weird, but if the Caps played Pitt I think Grub was the right choice. But any other team? Holtby has played well...so slightly surprised at the Game 1 starter

If Grub drops the next one, we'll see Holtby again. I trust both goalies to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad