Pre-Game Talk: Schlop Schlop Schlop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
1-0 Edmonton

Milgram Experiment being performed. Can a whole population be brought to accept a ludicrous call against the Edmonton Oilers, just because some officials say it is so (and Ron McLame).
No sociology you bookworm.

Social psychology

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Master Jay dissects what went wrong in game 1 and the boys play a much better game this time around. 4-2 good guys.

Reactions: oilers'72

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I am predicting a dub. I trust Woodcroft will make the proper adjustments and implement a game plan to contain the Avs. Last game was combination of facing new opponent with different strategy/play style and the Oilers shooting themselves in the foot.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Seems like alot of fans on social media are expecting a mirror result of the last series. Flames win game one 9-6, then the Oilers won the next game, and 3 more to win the series. Colorado win game one 8-6, so the expectation now is that what happened in game 2 last series, will happen again in game 2 of this series, because the game one's in both series are almost identical. But one key difference, the opponent

Of course I want the boys to get the W tomorrow, come back home all tied up. But just have a gut feeling they will have to overcome an even bigger hurdle of adversity this round, and fight back down 0-2.
Game 3, at home, would be the turning point, and their momentum could be undeniable in taking the next four

If we're going to look for a series to mirror that scenario; just last year, Colorado was up 2-0 vs Vegas. Game three in Vegas was the turning point, and the Knights ended up winning the next four and the series 4-2
If we lose tomorrow, it's far from over

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Seems like alot of fans on social media are expecting a mirror result of the last series. Flames win game one 9-6, then the Oilers won the next game, and 3 more to win the series. Colorado win game one 8-6, so the expectation now is that what happened in game 2 last series, will happen again in game 2 of this series, because the game one's in both series are almost identical. But one key difference, the opponent

Of course I want the boys to get the W tomorrow, come back home all tied up. But just have a gut feeling they will have to overcome an even bigger hurdle of adversity this round, and fight back down 0-2.
Game 3, at home, would be the turning point, and their momentum could be undeniable in taking the next four

If we're going to look for a series to mirror that scenario; just last year, Colorado was up 2-0 vs Vegas. Game three in Vegas was the turning point, and the Knights ended up winning the next four and the series 4-2
I don’t think either way this series isn’t going at least 6 games.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The Oilers scored some pretty goals last game their goalies were really not at fault for them, Smith, on the other hand, was letting long-range unobstructed shots he was just brutal. Clean up the defense coverage and we got this series.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa

Or it could be like the finals in 2006 where the Oilers lost a close Game 1, then got blown out 5-0 in Game 2. Came back to win Game 3 at home but then lost the 4th to go down 3-1 in the series.

I want to be optimistic because Woodcroft is very good at making adjustments between games. In my opinion Game 2 is going to be the most important game, as we will see how well they can adapt for the rest of the series, as was the case in the Game 2s of the previous two rounds.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Or it could be like the finals in 2006 where the Oilers lost a close Game 1, then got blown out 5-0 in Game 2. Came back to win Game 3 at home but then lost the 4th to go down 3-1 in the series.

I want to be optimistic because Woodcroft is very good at making adjustments between games. In my opinion Game 2 is going to be the most important game, as we will see how well they can adapt for the rest of the series, as was the case in the Game 2s of the previous two rounds.
Yeah, this team has a shown a lot of fight and it's hard to count them out. If they blow game 2 though, I'd expect to see some new recruits in the line-up for game 3 . If injured Nurse and Smith crap the bed again, they can take a scratch for their troubles. Pulijarvi needs to show something ..damn.
Kadri ripping Smith's mask//helmet off and no pushback from the Oil doesn't sit well with me. He needs to be given a message every game to not f*** around .

Reactions: saucesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad