Pre-Game Talk: Scherbak called up -- MTL @ TOR, Sat. 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Of all the NS people I've worked with and are hockey fans, one is/was a Leafs fan, one is a Pens fan, one is a Sens fan I believe, and the other may or may not like the Habs. Crosby definitely helps with respect to the size of the Pens' fan base in the province.
It seems NS is Montreal, and TO which makes sense, Bruins do get some love, but alot of the province is split because of Crosby, but there is also alot of people who were also Devils fans....I even know a couple of Ducks fans, because of the Cup in 2007

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
With all the talk about Radu and his exceptional performance thus far, and that he is playing like a beast, it finally hit me (ouch) why Radu rings a bell....

053bfa0e204646e9f1a2deb2a08df4fd.jpg

RADU MOLASAR
The Beast has been released! The Leafs will shrivel before his uberswag.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Toronto is building a great nucleus of young forwards. Defense...not so much.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

I have a hard time with the accuracy of the NL poll. Of course my opinion is totally based on talking to people and spending many days of the week in different locker rooms, but the Leafs definitely would edge out the Habs as NL's favorite team by at least 5% or so. Boston would also be way higher as well, somewhere around the 20% mark I would expect.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Toronto is building a great nucleus of young forwards. Defense...not so much.

Should be an exciting game. Looking forward to it. Leafs are going in back to back but they're the youngest squad in the league so don't expect them to be gassed. Biggest flaw is their defence they lose leads consistently but the Habs also have been blowing leads too recently. They should be starting their back up goaltender and we will be starting Price. Add in Galchenyuk and Markov and you got right there a winning formula.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Seems like Leafs are getting the short side of the stick against us this year in the schedule department. We've been catching them on their 2nd night of back to back in all the games. Leafs weren't playing as well then, and despite being fully healthy, Price had to stand on his head for us to squeeze out 2-1 wins. I don't have much confidence for us to pull out another W with a depleted team.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Should be an exciting game. Looking forward to it. Leafs are going in back to back but they're the youngest squad in the league so don't expect them to be gassed. Biggest flaw is their defence they lose leads consistently but the Habs also have been blowing leads too recently. They should be starting their back up goaltender and we will be starting Price. Add in Galchenyuk and Markov and you got right there a winning formula.

I don't believe Galchenyuk and Markov are playing. Right now, I think today our forward group can hold their own against the Leafs (not likely the case 2 years from now) and our top-4 D is stronger than what the Leafs can manage. Add to it the goaltenders you mentioned, we should lock this one up but it won't be a blow-out.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Seems like Leafs are getting the short side of the stick against us this year in the schedule department. We've been catching them on their 2nd night of back to back in all the games. Leafs weren't playing as well then, and despite being fully healthy, Price had to stand on his head for us to squeeze out 2-1 wins. I don't have much confidence for us to pull out another W with a depleted team.

You NEVER have confidence in the team lmao

every single game thread you make this post, youve had us losing every single game the past 20 games

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

That's false.
None of the games we've played so far against them was on their 2nd night of b2b.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Ah, I stand corrected. First one was on their first night of b2b and tomorrow's is on their second. Still, they're playing much better now than they were when we faced them earlier in the season. They could move up to 5th in the conference if they win tonight.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
You NEVER have confidence in the team lmao

every single game thread you make this post, youve had us losing every single game the past 20 games

Look at it this way, the one time he gets in, he'll sound like Nostradamus.

That's false.
None of the games we've played so far against them was on their 2nd night of b2b.

You are correct. Our first game this year with the Leafs was not b2b (it was a b2b weekend, but we played them first). Second meeting was not their b2b. Tomorrow is but it's the first time.

On the otherhand, in our second meeting, WE were playing our second game in 2 nights.

Guess haters gonna hate.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Projected lineup as per Daily Faceoff:

Pacioretty -- Danault -- Radulov
Lehkonen -- Plekanec -- Andrighetto
Carr -- Mitchell -- Flynn
Farnham -- McCarron -- Scherbak

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Barberio - Johntson

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
sometimes I feel like Flynn is an extra body that shouldnt be playing with all our young guns

but its fine for now

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
For those of you who saw them play complete games on the same line, did BigMac and Scherbak have a certain pattern in scoring goals i.e. Scherbak draws two on him and sets up Mike in the slot? Just wondering if they complement each other well. Farnham is there to get punched by Martin if the Leafs resort to goonery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad