Confirmed with Link: Scheifele, Melchiori, Sutter and Trouba at GRHPT

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I'll say what I did in the other thread the other day, as overrated as some view this program, it is a well known and established program that can do no harm. This is good news. It's great to see Scheifele and Trouba there, but I am also very happy to see Lukas Sutter there. I have high, high hopes Lukas can play a role for us much like Andrew Shaw does for Chicago, for example. Hopefully sooner than later.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It probably is over rated for a guy like Bogosian or Slater who already have established good dieting and excersize routines, but for young guys I can see it as being quite positive.

Maybe Buff will go too? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'll say what I did in the other thread the other day, as overrated as some view this program, it is a well known and established program that can do no harm. This is good news. It's great to see Scheifele and Trouba there, but I am also very happy to see Lukas Sutter there. I have high, high hopes Lukas can play a role for us much like Andrew Shaw does for Chicago, for example. Hopefully sooner than later.

To me it's not the individual program itself, but the combo of learning to be dedicated athletes and bonding together to create a social environment that encourages them to stay dedicated... in general ha

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
The program carries a certain stigma with it that may be able to push players to that next level,even if you may be doing the same or similar excercises in other programs ,being in the presence of such a figure like Gary Roberts is a huge positive no matter which way you look at it.I worked out with Chris Mcdole years ago and he had some notable guys in his gym at the time Eric Fehr being one of his main guys Mcdole is great but I just don't see the respect level being the same.It shows great investment management by true north if they had any influence in the decision to get all of our prospects together at the same time.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hopefully Scheifele can improve his skating /balence issues. At this point thats the only thing that I can see holding him back.

Anyone know how big he is or when his most recent weigh in was?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn't that be cap circumvention?

Good observation, I'm not sure what the CBA allows for training costs. I would assume that these costs would be allowed as a cost of doing business but would be capped at a certain amount.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013

Wow. I didn't think of that at all.

It's sad to realize that something that involves employee health and wellness would be exploited by the loophole seekers of the world.

I get it, though...maidservants clipping my toenails could be tending to my health...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Good observation, I'm not sure what the CBA allows for training costs. I would assume that these costs would be allowed as a cost of doing business but would be capped at a certain amount.

Wow. I didn't think of that at all.

It's sad to realize that something that involves employee health and wellness would be exploited by the loophole seekers of the world.

I get it, though...maidservants clipping my toenails could be tending to my health...

As far as I know, the team is NOT allowed to pay for any additional training costs such as this. I know this would seem like a minor issue, but then you could have the team paying the player 100K for the training and Roberts camp only collecting 20K of that money the rest as a bonus. If would be too easy to circumvent the rules with stuff like this.

Of course, as far as I know, the Jets are allowed to provide their own training to players and prospects, as well as full use of their facilities. Of course the Jets are also limited by the CBA which limits to amount of time that the team may require of players and prospects. So in fact a rule designed to help protect the players from the team over exerting them, may at times be limiting their ability to train with the team.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Hopefully Scheifele can improve his skating /balence issues. At this point thats the only thing that I can see holding him back.
on the flip side: an increase in bulk has a chance at decreasing speed (something which Mark can't afford).
now, Gary's program focuses on core strength and diet, so i don't see this as being a problem. but if muscle mass is put on, it does have the risk of slowing a player down

Maybe Buff will go too? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

He's at the Uncle Willy's Offseason Stuff'Em Program

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As far as I know, the team is NOT allowed to pay for any additional training costs such as this. I know this would seem like a minor issue, but then you could have the team paying the player 100K for the training and Roberts camp only collecting 20K of that money the rest as a bonus. If would be too easy to circumvent the rules with stuff like this.

Of course, as far as I know, the Jets are allowed to provide their own training to players and prospects, as well as full use of their facilities. Of course the Jets are also limited by the CBA which limits to amount of time that the team may require of players and prospects. So in fact a rule designed to help protect the players from the team over exerting them, may at times be limiting their ability to train with the team.

Further to this I seem to recall that some teams have an affiliation with Roberts. Would a potential affiliation do anything to alter the ability for teams to cover the costs? I also believe that cost covering is something that could be easily monitored and enforced. It seems silly to me that teams can't invest in their employees in the off season but I guess as you say it can be exploited.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I know some people don't put too much stock in the GR camp, but I do. Aside from the actual conditioning, it's great that these young guys are working so hard TOGETHER to ensure that they are in peak form for the training camp in the fall. To me, this will help them become better than the sum of the individuals, and will give this young group a work ethic that they can keep each other on throughout their careers (as long as they stay together).

Wonder if Peluso went back? I'd like to see that as well. I don't know why, but I think he has more hockey in him and not just fighting.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think that it'd be that hard for the team to pay for the camp and keep some level of accountability to that. The team just pays roberts on contract for training services, so that their players can attend his camp. Players never touch the money. Bam. That works.

On the note of actually attending the camp. Somebody said above that for a guy like Bogo who already has a health-nut routine, it wouldn't make much difference.

I totally agree. You hit the nail on the head, in that I think one of the biggest benefits of this camp is helping players to develop that kind of off ice lifestyle on their own. If they're there together, it's easier to buy in together, and when they all come back to the same team, it's easier to keep eachother honest about it, and stick to it.

If we had a whole team of guys with that kind of off ice training program?

Imagine icing a team where everyone was Bogosian Strong.

:bow:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't think that it'd be that hard for the team to pay for the camp and keep some level of accountability to that. The team just pays roberts on contract for training services, so that their players can attend his camp. Players never touch the money. Bam. That works.

On the note of actually attending the camp. Somebody said above that for a guy like Bogo who already has a health-nut routine, it wouldn't make much difference.

I totally agree. You hit the nail on the head, in that I think one of the biggest benefits of this camp is helping players to develop that kind of off ice lifestyle on their own. If they're there together, it's easier to buy in together, and when they all come back to the same team, it's easier to keep eachother honest about it, and stick to it.

If we had a whole team of guys with that kind of off ice training program?

Imagine icing a team where everyone was Bogosian Strong.

:bow:

Watching the SCF this year, you pretty much need everyone to be Bogosian strong :amazed:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else see that Trouba is throwing out the first pitch at the Goldeyes game tonight? Wicked lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad