GDT: SCF Game #6 Avs vs Bolts: How bout "Obstructing our way to a Game 7 one crosscheck at a time?” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
they can contain him because he's like the only offensive threat on that team , aside from maybe Forsberg.

And besides its pretty much a fact that a couple of Makar throaters left him off their Norris ballots completely or at least out of their top 3 which handed Makar the Norris even though Josi had more 1st place votes.

Makar's great but Josi deserved the award this year. He was truly amazing. Nashville is a mid ass team and he almost put up 100 .
I looked at the game splits and they don't back up my idea from seeing a small sample. Josi did have some good games against strong teams. But hell they both had great years. I'll watch them both more next year.

The face of the guy in the upper right
QenKBbj.jpg
Those looks are for buddy dropping the cup. What a great pic.

Reactions: trilobyte

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I looked at the game splits and they don't back up my idea from seeing a small sample. Josi did have some good games against strong teams. But hell they both had great years. I'll watch them both more next year.

Those looks are for buddy dropping the cup. What a great pic.
So if their is a superstition about touching the Conf trophy what bad ju ju happens from dropping the cup?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He wasn't wrong.

Another reason I stopped watching baseball. Umps are all over the f***ing place with their strike zones. Greg Maddux made the f***ing HOF with a home plate 4" larger on each side than the rest of the league.
You’re not wrong but the umps have gotten better since the broadcasts started superimposing a strike zone and the league started tracking ump performance metrics. Maddux would have been royally effed. He came along at the right time, for sure.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I was rooting for Colorado to begin with, but as the series went on I really disliked Tampa. Just whining and complaining the whole series. I’m glad some of the writers started calling them out on it last night, because it was really embarrassing.

I also liked the Icing-non call at the end of the game. Tampa didn’t make an effort to retrieve the puck and the ref had enough.

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
I'm happy for Jared Bednar (3 cups: Kelly Cup (ECHL), Calder Cup (AHL) and Stanley Cup! So glad Tampa didn't get it! Coop is such a whiner. Welp on to next season. LGR!

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
How much more could you cheapen the moment of winning? Hey, great win, here's a replica trophy guys!

I've spoken to multiple keepers of the cup in private settings and know this info. Was lucky enough that on the day after the broduer ceremony when all the trophies were near NYC I was invited to a private party in the backroom of a bar (yes this is real) with the real cup protected by one of the keepers. Even in that setting there were rules with it. One of those was that no one was allowed to lift it. I have also seen a replica at the hall. You can see the differences if you've seen both.

The differences are glaring too if you've seen both. If they rolled out the replica the league would find themselves with egg on their face while getting murdered online.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The differences are glaring too if you've seen both. If they rolled out the replica the league would find themselves with egg on their face while getting murdered online.
100%

Not everyone is lucky enough to see this things up close.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
And yet he was a PPG player still at 37.

He and Yzerman are two of my favorites to never play for the Rangers.

One of mine as well. One of the sickest releases of all time. I just said he had an older looking face - no commentary on how he played! :laugh:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Glad I don't have to look at posts anymore about how Tampa is going to blast Colorado. Most of those posts were a psychological crutch of wanting the Rangers to lose to the eventual Cup champs to make themselves feel better inside anyway. Tampa had to cheat and complain and still couldn't pull it off.

Reactions: CLW and LokiDog

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
100%

Not everyone is lucky enough to see this things up close.
the Cup was at the NHL store a few times in the last 10 years. one time, it showed up without warning and no one (no one being the general public) knew it was there. I got to stand there for a few minutes looking for the misspellings. I found "Ilanders" and knew I was looking at the real thing. really awesome moment.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
the Cup was at the NHL store a few times in the last 10 years. one time, it showed up without warning and no one (no one being the general public) knew it was there. I got to stand there for a few minutes looking for the misspellings. I found "Ilanders" and knew I was looking at the real thing. really awesome moment.

"This is the real Cup. Ain't it something?"

"Yeah. Leave me alone. I'm looking for typos."

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It is so nice when you have the chance to just spend time admiring it. All the misspellings like "BQSTQN"

I would love to see it again now with that shit bird Aldrich X'ed out

All this talk about Joe Sakic reminds me that he signed an offer sheet with the Rangers in 1997.
And the rangers for that contract at the time were labeled as leading to the economic downfall of the league and inflation spending on players. Smith was vilified for the offer.

Life as a Rangers fan on the main boards until Fox wins another Norris (or we win the cup and he wins the Smythe):

View attachment 562504
It sucks, but a lot of ranger fans caused this by shitting on makar bc they loved fox, but makar has always had the better tools and is definitely the better player today. fox is still an absolutely outstanding player but makar is in his own tier at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad