SCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I really dont understand why the Jets stopped hitting, with all those massive guys you just got suckered. Should have sucked it up and hit them to oblivion and lost a game or two and then let it help you for the next couple of games.

Really wanted to see the jets in the SC.
Every time the Jets touched Vegas we got a penalty.
Vegas scored almost every time on their power plays as Hellebuyck played like hot garbage in this series.

The Jets were playing with hand cuffs because they were afraid of soft penalties being called on them as the puck always went in the back of our net when the Knights got a pp.

We could not score on MAF and is was beyond frustrating to watch a team that played so well against Nashville get beat by a fluke Cinderella team that trapped us and our moron of a coach could not adjust to their style of play.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Why should i go to the hockey game? Because i like hockey? Ok cool. Now what about the millions of Americans who dont.. Why should they go? To see a fight? Meh i can see that on TV.. To see goals? 3-1 isnt that exciting if im a new fan.....

Personality draws.. Dont believe me? Ask Connor McGregor Stone Cold Steve Austin or the biggest movie star in the world The Rock.

I am not against personality but there are better ways to show it then doing stuff like that, if you disagree that is fine but your not going to change my opinion

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I am not against personality but there are better ways to show it then doing stuff like that, if you disagree that is fine but your not going to change my opinion
How else should players show their personality during a game?

They’re covered from head to toe, face isn’t very exposed, they can’t tuck jerseys or show tattoos. What’s left

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
it's not just personality

Ovi has one of the biggest personality but he's not a super douche (I think a pro athlete being a dbag is a good thing for their brand)

you need to be extremely arrogant as well and back it up. Ovi isn't arrogant. And you need less parity (which isn't possible in the NHL) to dominate

Reactions: OppositeLocK

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
I agree. But the NFL stands for the No Fun League for a reason.
And yet, when not comparing the actual playing of the sports, hockey being the more entertaining of the two in that regard (opinion), the NFL has the NHL beat when it comes to entertainment. That's pretty damning. The NHL is less fun than the NFL, mostly because of the outdated mindsets of way too many fans from the Mesozoic.

Of course, some NHL fans are confusing. Single-knee fist pumps halfway down the ice and screaming charges into the glass are fine, what Kuzy does isn't for... whatever reason.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Every time the Jets touched Vegas we got a penalty.
Vegas scored almost every time on their power plays as Hellebuyck played like hot garbage in this series.

The Jets were playing with hand cuffs because they were afraid of soft penalties being called on them as the puck always went in the back of our net when the Knights got a pp.

We could not score on MAF and is was beyond frustrating to watch a team that played so well against Nashville get beat by a fluke Cinderella team that trapped us and our moron of a coach could not adjust to their style of play.

Revionist history.. We scored 9 goals in 5 games.. Fleury put up 960 on us. Lets call our goalie crap cuz he didnt get 3 shutouts.

Seriously. Vegas was better .Thats why they are in the final and we are not.

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
It’s cringe worthy how but hurt my fellow jets fans are towards Vegas. There are better than us period. Not going to actively cheer against them just because they eliminated us. Series is far from over

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
NFL also told players their first ammendment right doesnt apply anymore. NFL is a bad example as its truly a bunch of rich white guys owning slaves all over again.
You are so lost its not even funny. First amendment rights don't apply to a private company. If NFL players are slaves then I would love to be one.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hellebuyck was bad in the Vegas series and let in bad goals at the worst times and MAF outplayed him.

Hellebuyck killed the teams's confidence and momentum many times in the Vegas series and this is an honest assessment of our goalie.
He let in far too many soft goals in this series which was out of character for him.

He was however great in the Minnesota and Nashville series.

Revionist history.. We scored 9 goals in 5 games.. Fleury put up 960 on us. Lets call our goalie crap cuz he didnt get 3 shutouts.

Seriously. Vegas was better .Thats why they are in the final and we are not.

Reactions: 204hockey

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Voted Caps in 6 looks like it will probably be in 5. Will be strange to see Ovechkin raise the Cup given how it was widely believed he would never get out of the 2nd round because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad