SCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets got sucked into a dump and chase game as Vegas had their trap game going very well against them.
The Jets were also afraid to hit Vegas because the refs were making lots of soft calls against them.
Hellebuyck also crapped the bed hard in our series with Vegas and Fleury was a f***ing wall.

The Caps adjusted when the Jets could not because our coach Maurice is a total idiot.

I give a lot of credit to the Caps and Trotz for countering Vegas's game and adjusting to figure them out.

That said the Jets were lured into playing run and gun a bit too much. The Caps played like that in the 1st game too and see where it got them? Since game 2 they reverted back into playing defense first. Since the Caps changed their strategy the Knights had no answer. Got to give Trotz major props for effectively changing his team's game plan.

Reactions: Wyrm

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
You could kick Gallant's puppy, and he wouldn't get angry right now.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It’s the Caps. They don’t play short series. It’s at least going 6

Historically they most likely won’t win game 7. So they probably have to win one of the next two games and then hope to wrap it up in 6. In the last 50 years there’s been only one legit road game 7 win in the SCF. I always toss 2011 because Vancouver was injured and gassed. The only other one that was even close was 2006. If I’m Washington I assume this is a 6 game series or we are most likely done

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
I don't understand the point you are making. The roles have reversed. That is all. As Caps fans hoped that Vegas players were overconfident heading into this series, Vegas fans now hope that Capitals players are overconfident heading into game #4.

I did read that you acknowledged your bias about Vegas earlier in the thread. I have a better understanding of the meaning behind your post about overconfident fans.

Reactions: Licentia

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Vegas is not my team and didn't NFL actually put a ban on celebrations?
As I understood, there were people not happy about exceptionally long dance celebrations, but I didn’t pay much attention to it.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
There is a difference in showing emotion and doing super cringe stuff like acting like a bird if I wanted to get someone into hockey and they are not under the age of 12 I wouldn't want to show that as an example its on the same level as some of the all star game crap.

Why should i go to the hockey game? Because i like hockey? Ok cool. Now what about the millions of Americans who dont.. Why should they go? To see a fight? Meh i can see that on TV.. To see goals? 3-1 isnt that exciting if im a new fan.....

Personality draws.. Dont believe me? Ask Connor McGregor Stone Cold Steve Austin or the biggest movie star in the world The Rock.

Reactions: JenniferH

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Historically they most likely won’t win game 7. So they probably have to win one of the next two games and then hope to wrap it up in 6. In the last 50 years there’s been only one legit road game 7 win in the SCF. I always toss 2011 because Vancouver was injured and gassed. The only other one that was even close was 2006. If I’m Washington I assume this is a 6 game series or we are most likely done
They've shut up all of those "historically" narratives this year.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's been bad for 3 years.

You do realize that he's the main reason the Pens won that series in 2016, right, so he's kind of working from a deficit.

Dont act like you knew he wasn't signed long term like Oshie. It's obvious you did as you said 'gonna be an albatross' when the deal ends after next year. Anyway, he's fine on the bottom pair, who cares what mightve happened 2 years ago...?

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Dude none of us give a ****. We're 2 wins away from a cup.

Orpik has, for the most part, been really good these playoffs.

And like the other player said he has 1 year left on his contract. Even if he sucks ass next year and looks like poop, this year's run is well worth it. A Stanley Cup and I can take oprik on this team for the next 5 years. Doesn't matter, sell out, win a cup or cups and worry about all that shit later. How the Pens/Blackhawks/Bruins/Kings all did it.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The Jets got sucked into a dump and chase game as Vegas had their trap game going very well against them.
The Jets were also afraid to hit Vegas because the refs were making lots of soft calls against them.
Hellebuyck also crapped the bed hard in our series with Vegas and Fleury was a ****ing wall.

The Caps adjusted when the Jets could not because our coach Maurice is a total idiot.

I give a lot of credit to the Caps and Trotz for countering Vegas's game and adjusting to figure them out.

I really dont understand why the Jets stopped hitting, with all those massive guys you just got suckered. Should have sucked it up and hit them to oblivion and lost a game or two and then let it help you for the next couple of games.

Really wanted to see the jets in the SC.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Seeing the tweets about Orpik being hurt. Crazy to think what a huge lose it would be if he can't go in game four. That's how important Brooks Orpik has been to the Caps. Brooks friggin' Orpik.

Reactions: Drakon

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
Dont act like you knew he wasn't signed long term like Oshie. It's obvious you did as you said 'gonna be an albatross' when the deal ends after next year. Anyway, he's fine on the bottom pair, who cares what mightve happened 2 years ago...?
I recall the Pens losing both of them to FA and them getting similar deals, which was stupid. I can't believe it's been that long.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Against LA and Winnipeg I think Vegas wins even if MAF plays markedly worse than he did. Those series just weren't very close. Against San Jose however his margin for error wasn’t very much. I felt the same coming into this series
Did you watch the series v the Jets? All games were close and jets led in every metric but the score. MAF was by far the main reason for,the Vegas win. Don't get me wrong, Vegas deserved the win but saying they vastly outplayed the Jets is simply incorrect.

MAF isn't playing as well now and the Knights are trailing as a result.

Reactions: 204hockey

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Vegas is not my team and didn't NFL actually put a ban on celebrations?

NFL also told players their first ammendment right doesnt apply anymore. NFL is a bad example as its truly a bunch of rich white guys owning slaves all over again.
As far as I know, celebrations are still perfectly legal in the NFL. Stipulations being that no over the top team celebrations, weapon imitations and sexual stuff are allowed. There's probably more nuances, but celebrations are still perfectly legal. The NFL would not complain about Kuzy's celebration. The Dirty Bird still exists.

The only people who complain about stuff like this on a regular basis are, in fact, hockey fans.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I really dont understand why the Jets stopped hitting, with all those massive guys you just got suckered. Should have sucked it up and hit them to oblivion and lost a game or two and then let it help you for the next couple of games.

Really wanted to see the jets in the SC.

Cuz they played Nashville in RD 2 in the best series of the playoffs so far .

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
As far as I know, celebrations are still perfectly legal in the NFL. Stipulations being that no over the top team celebrations, weapon imitations and sexual stuff are allowed. There's probably more nuances, but celebrations are still perfectly legal. The NFL would not complain about Kuzy's celebration. The Dirty Bird still exists.

The only people who complain about stuff like this on a regular basis are, in fact, hockey fans.

I agree. But the NFL stands for the No Fun League for a reason.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
After the season Niskanen had with Letang out right before his contract year, he got the sort of deal I expected and he deserved (and from watching from a Pens' fan standpoint that doesn't see him every night, he still deserves). Orpik was bad in year 1 and was a bad signing by the guy in Vegas now, if my memory serves me correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->