Cambridge, MA
Continued from

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2085043

A7x9Mmo.jpg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I expected the Pens to get tons of good looks. Didn't expect the Pens to completely shut down the Shark's offense.

Penguins shut down the Capitals potent offense and Tampa's extremely skilled offense...you (and everyone else) should have expected this. You don't need big name dmen to play good defense.

I called attention to this several times before the series started...the Penguins defensive system (and it's all 5 guys) is criminally under-rated. This narrative that the Pens have bad defense is something that will go down as one of the biggest and most ignorant falsehoods in Stanley Cup folklore.

How many more games like this before people get it?

How can a series be so close but so dominant by the Pens at the same time. I can't remember another series like this one.

People see what they want to see. No one wants to accept the fact that the Pens are a dominant team and quite frankly, the better team.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pens gotta keep pushing like they have all post-season. See 2009 SCF and 2011 SCF. 90% chance of winning with a 2-0 lead ain't 100%.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Pens deserve to be up 2-0. Good job.

After the first 2 games it's much easier to see where this is going.

Sharks are going to play their best game of the series at home. You corner a cat and it's going to bite you. Home crowd behind them will do wonders for their intensity. Pens won't be able to play as much to their strenghts as they've been able so far. And just like it's been surprising for the Sharks to face a team that gives them this much trouble, the Pens haven't faced a home team as good as the Sharks in this post-season yet. As a betting man my eyes are already set on Sharks -1.5

I've seen some people saying to them this is starting to feel more and more like the Bruins-Canucks SCF. I didn't watch that, so had to check how the games went.

Game 1. Canucks win by one goal at home. And that's not the only similarity.. GWG was scored late in the 3rd.

Game 2. Canucks win in OT. Quick goal to end it. Sound familiar?

Game 3. Boston blows the Canucks out of the water with a 8-1 win. At this point im like woah.. Now im making that bet for sure lol

Very very interesting to see what happens next.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
To further what I said earlier today: Sharks are very hard to play against in their building. They have last change. They have their fans.

All that has happened so far is that the Pens have won two games they're supposed to win.

Sharks only need to hold serve at home and steal one in Pittsburgh - they still have two opportunities to do that.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
The Pens are just so fast. Yet to see anything from the Sharks that makes me think they'll be able to handle it. Game 2 was one of the more lopsided one goal games I've seen. The Sharks had about 5 minutes at the end of the third that they were the better team for, that's about it.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I just the saw faceoff win again just to make sure. It was pretty routine. Can anyone point out what Couture is talking about?

nahcmo

Mar 2, 2011
What would constitute as "cheating" in the face off circle versus being more strategic? Genuinely curious.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
Pens are clearly the better team.

But they're still winning 1 goal games. They're not blowing it open like they could be with all the amazing chances they keep getting.

San Jose still has a (pretty small) chance but not if the games keep going like this. The best offensive team in the playoffs has a combined 46 SOG in two games. 20 tonight.

I don't think they can afford even one more game like the last two, being so smothered offensively.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Seriously, how is anyone rooting for the Sharks? That teams whines so much about everything. Couture is an Olympic Diver too. ****ing brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad