SCF Game 1 | Predators vs. Penguins | 8:00 ET | CBC, NBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
The one that bounced on top of the net? It never even went in.

...No. That was 1 game back and it wasn't called back.....he's talking game 6, where the tying goal was called back due to a challenge.

But are people really challenging the fact that the Preds goal was offside?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Gonna be some salt over that 5-3. But I like it. Too rarely that 2nd legitimate penalty isn't called.

As for that 2nd goal... if Pittsburgh is going to win this series, they MUST be able to capitalize when Nashville's 3rd pairing is on the ice.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
test your hockey knowledge: just two games ago the pens lost game 6 against the sens following an overturned goal for no-contact goalie interference? true or false?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't care who wins (though I picked the Pens to repeat in my pool and I like the Preds), but I really do hope that we see calls like this go against the Pens just to see how their fans react when tickytac calls are made against them, especially in this setting, for the Cup.

I don't believe in favoritism, but Montreal and the old Forum was legendary for having that type of advantage.

Don't know if intimidation or nerves had an effect, but coaches would lament on the special treatment the Canadiens would receive, and some even thought that they earned that leeway. I think you can make a similar case for what we're witnessing here.

If I'm a Preds fan, I'd be incensed. Regardless of this period, I still think the Pens will prevail, with or without the help of favorable officiating.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Um, maybe you should? It was by all accounts, still his puck. He had it like half a second before contact. He Stood up and hit someone that was coming to check him..That's not interference, that's bracing for contact and owning the guy.
He doesn't have the puck on his blade. That call has been made many many many times over the courses of many playoff seasons even but now it doesnt get called.
Why does it matter he touched it for a brief moment? That's a ridiculous statement that you can literally interfere if you touched the puck just a brief moment before and it doesnt go back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce